shape
carat
color
clarity

New Diamond Ring on the Cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I bought the Diamond and had it reset in this temporary setting for now. This diamond has no Lab papers but Graded by my GIA Indendent appraiser as a 1.5 carat RB I color SI2 Clarity, Good Cut. She is a buddy of mine and said I did real good on this one. The Diamond Gives off great sparkle that I cannot of course capture in any photos. This girl is Not the Hope Diamond but she fits nicely in to the collection. lol

The Setting is a 14KYG .25 Pave Diamond setting that was modified from holding an Oval Citrine to Hold my Diamond. I think it gives it an Oval look which is really cool for now.

Diamond $1000
Setting $300
More Bling- Priceless!

Rock on,
Lisa

1.5 039.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another pic.

1.5 040.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one.
2.gif

1.5 041.jpg

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Great ring and even better price!!!
23.gif

You really got a good deal!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 2:48:59 PM
Author: ~*Snow*~
Wow! Great ring and even better price!!!
23.gif

You really got a good deal!
Yeah, what ~*Snow*~ said!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute ring and WHAT a deal!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Okay, even without a cert, that was a great price for that diamond! It looks nice!!!!!

And I love the setting!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a bargain! It''s gorgeous!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
What a deal!
Yay!!

Looks great on you!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I had to reread your post a few times...I cannot believe that you only paid $1K for the diamond! It is beautiful!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
ROCK ON! I''d say...for a G? You rock! I mean you really rock! Any pointers so I can rock too?
2.gif
§

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the nice replies.
1.gif
I will now tell you my secrets.lol

I wanted a very nice collection of jewelry at basically 25% of value. So I searched estate sales, reputable pawn shops and estate sellers,ebay, reputable gem dealers ect. The more I learned
34.gif
the better I got at choosing the best of the used.

I was also fortunate to buy decent Alexandrites dirt cheap, set them in settings and trade for diamond rings at an estate jewelry establishment. Any rings that I bought when I was just learning were resold to co-workers, ebay, ect at below retail, and with a small profit for me. This was then put back in to acquiring collection pieces.
11.gif
17.gif

I developed nice relationships with pawn shop owners, an Independant GIA Graduate Appraiser, and a talented jeweler who''s boss is an obliging retailer that gives me great deals. I pass on his jewelry store name to Everyone to drum up business for him. It became a hobby. My collection is complete now. I only plan to reset 2 rings when I can budget this.

At work they call me a "Rock Star" because of my talent at getting good jewelry dirt cheap A lot of co-workers are wearing diamonds, garnets, ect that they bought from me and were happy to get for so much under retail, and I was happy to sell to recover costs.

So that is my Jewelry story.
35.gif

Warmest Regards,
Lisa

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Can WE be friends?
31.gif
I love jewelry bargains-!
I think we have simular interests --- i''m all about getting a BAh-GAN
I just got an OEC on ebay for 200 it''s .52
1.gif
and its a schparkle bomb

ahhh the thrill of the bah-gan (bargain)

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Lisa,

If you have the time...we psers are really BIG BIG BIG like as in HUGE on photo consumption. So if you find you have the need to feed us...please send us some photogs of your collection as the natives are restless.

And thanks...the advice is stellar!
36.gif
You are a little diamond district all in yourself! Too cool what you have learned and accomplished. I betcha...you are going to take that experience and end up with your own empire!
10.gif
The art of the deal...and the thrill of it! Infomercial in your future?
2.gif
§

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic bargain! I really love the stone in that setting too - it''s a great look.

Congrats on bagging it!

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results