shape
carat
color
clarity

New collector

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Hello Fellow Pricescopers!

I''ve been lurking this site for about a month now. I found this site while doing research on diamonds for an upgrade to my engagement ring. I have always appreciated diamonds and gemstones but didn''t realize there were so many people like me that enjoy looking at stones and talking about them. Finding this site was like finding long, lost relatives!!

Anyway, I have been so excited with looking at everyone''s beautiful stones and finished jewelry that I declared to my husband that in addition to my shoe collection, I wanted to develop another passion...gemstones.

After much searching and reading, I found a stone that called to me: 1.32 rhodolite garnet from John B at GemRite. I know I want to set it in a ring but don''t know exactly what. I''m sure I will have a better idea when I get it.

Here is a photo of the stone (I hope I''m doing this right). I''ll post more when it arrives!

mdmrhodo garnet.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!

Pretty garnet you''ve got coming-can''t wait to see pics! We''ll be happy to help you w/setting ideas when you''re ready!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely! I''m a big garnet fan myself, I think you''ll find that gemstones are addictive.
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks beautiful! welcome to PS
35.gif
can''t wait to see how you will set it

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Pretty colour.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS! I was looking at that stone not to long ago! I like your taste!
9.gif

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
MakingTheGrade, I didn''t realize the variety of colors available in garnets. I really learned alot about the different types and I definitely have a much greater appreciation for them. I have a feeling this won''t be my last garnet purchase!
2.gif

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Greetings, Shoechick!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Thanks for the intro and for already posting a pic. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey showchick..ask lots of questions on here..gems can be tricky so as a newbie it doesn''t hurt to get advice when purchasing your first few stones..I have a feeling that gemstones just may supercede your passion for shoes
2.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2009 4:13:17 PM
Author:shoechick
Hello Fellow Pricescopers!

I''ve been lurking this site for about a month now. I found this site while doing research on diamonds for an upgrade to my engagement ring. I have always appreciated diamonds and gemstones but didn''t realize there were so many people like me that enjoy looking at stones and talking about them. Finding this site was like finding long, lost relatives!!

Anyway, I have been so excited with looking at everyone''s beautiful stones and finished jewelry that I declared to my husband that in addition to my shoe collection, I wanted to develop another passion...gemstones.

After much searching and reading, I found a stone that called to me: 1.32 rhodolite garnet from John B at GemRite. I know I want to set it in a ring but don''t know exactly what. I''m sure I will have a better idea when I get it.

Here is a photo of the stone (I hope I''m doing this right). I''ll post more when it arrives!
Welcome to Pricescope Shoechick. You have no idea how close some of those long lost relatives really are. Wait til Miss Freke sees your avatar. Meanwhile, you might like to check out this thread (best make yourself comfortable, it will take a while to go through):The shoe thread

Nice garnet btw, I have a garnet from John B too!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone! Rhodolites are a good way to start - nice color for not too much money.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice colour and excellent cutting; welcome to the endless spiral of coloured gemstones. It’s like the advertisement: once you start, you can’t stop.
9.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely choice and I like your avatar.
35.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!!
35.gif

I love your new garnet. It''s very pretty!

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Amethystguy, I will definitely be taking everyone up on the offer for advice especially as I begin my own gemstone collection. It''s nice to know I can come here and ask all kinds of silly questions and not feel intimidated or get talked down to.

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Gailey, you had me at "shoe thread"!!!! Thanks for that link. I saw your post last night just as I was getting ready for bed and squealed in delight. My hubby said I have found nirvana!!

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Mr Ma Re, Thanks for the comments. After I did a lot of reading on PS I had the feeling that the rhodolite would be a good start for me. It feels good though to hear you agree. Now that I''m getting the hang of posting on the threads, I will definitely post questions and seek advice on these forums.

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Chrono, Lovinggems and Mochi,

Thanks for all the compliments. I have read a lot of your posts lately and really respect your opinions. So hearing you all compliment my new stone really made my morning!!

I look forward to posting pictures of the stone when I receive and getting advice on the best way to set it. I will definitely need help with that one!

Thanks everyone!!
36.gif

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Great color and welcome to what some of us refer to as Colored Stoners :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results