shape
carat
color
clarity

New car, yippee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I decided to each upgrade our cars when we sold one of our rental properties. Well, that happened recently, and yay!! I''ve gone from a very reliable but rather large for my liking, ''99 Toyota Vienta, to this little beauty
30.gif

FocusXR51.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She''s a brand new Ford XR5 6 speed turbo hatch. And she flies!!! VERY smooth to run and not as pricey as I thought maintaining a turbo would be, either. This is the first brand new car I''ve owned and I''m in LURVE!
18.gif

FocusXR52.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! What a beautiful car! I''m so glad you''re happy.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute car! I like it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
very cute, congrats!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Fun car and yay for your first brand new one!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute! Ford''s cars in the US are always so much bulkier than their models elsewhere!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! First new car, how exciting!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Vroom-vroom!!! Super cute! I don''t think I''ve seen any of those around here.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
very cute! be careful zipping around everywhere.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oohh, a new car! I love Ford''s, that''s all I''ve ever driven except for my previous Chrysler, and turbo is SPEEDY!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute! Enjoy.
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute car! I like it. Congratulations.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YIPPEE....WHAT A CUTIE....ENJOY!

Lori

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andi, that''s fantastic! I''m so jealous of all of the neat non-US cars you guys get.

I bought a new car this weekend, too. A VW R32.
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Dandi- Sorry, just curious. I was looking at your new beauty becuase I've never seen one before, and had a question. Is the metal in the background from your previous car?? It looks like a car door. Did something happen?

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Looks great, how does it drive?!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, very nice!

I was considering a supercharged Focus hatchback (STX, I think they called it) back when I was looking for a new car. I ended up with a MINI, but I still kind have a soft spot for the focus hatchback -- and I really like this new styling!

You might want to check and see if there are on-line communities for your XR5. I''ve enjoyed meeting other MINI owners on-line and at the occasional get-together.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OUpeargirl, thing2of2, Skippy, gecko, neatfreak, joflier, radiantquest, MonkeyPie, MC, marcyc and loriken214, thankyou for the kind comments!!! I still love the little buzzbox, I've never liked driving as much as I do now!!
36.gif

Lauren - an R32, nooooiiice!!!
10.gif
You're so gaddang stylish, woman!!

SDL - it is a Focus, just the turbo version. I like the shape much more than the standard Focus, with the body kit etc. Thankyou!!!
9.gif

UCLABelle - she drives like a dream!! It's SO smooth, and the gear changes are seamless. Although living in the city I'm get to venture into 6th gear
41.gif

meresal - oh that wreck in the background is a writeoff DH bought... his latest hobby is to buy smashed cars where the electrics are intact. He buys the cars for next to nothing, pulls them apart and sells the parts individually... he loves doing it and you'd be AMAZED at he extra income his online business makes selling scrap and wiring for cars! It's unbelievable. Plus he has alot of fun with it too!! And his customers are usually rapt because finding electrics for so many cars can be so hard. Sorry, I should have explained it... or photoshopped it out, it's VERY unsightly. It's heading to the tip this weekend!
36.gif

That particular car, or it's really just half a shell now, came like that - totally demolished - the driver had wrapped it around a tree in the wet at such momentum that the nose and rear were touching!!
6.gif
And he walked away with barely a scratch. Remarkable really!! Fortunately he was fully insured too.

VRBeauty - OOOHH I LOVE Minis! Oh and thanks for the tip re. forums, I will check it out!! DH is on the FordForums and finds it quite addictive, between an XR site and PS I'll never get off this computer!
9.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Andi! I know it''s a GREAT feeling owning and driving a new car!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results