shape
carat
color
clarity

New CADs for ring -- opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your Mum tends to go for very thin shanks and has a size 8 finger she probably prefers the look because it potentially slims down the hand? With that in mind, I''d definitely move the arms of the split shank closer together.

You know what though? If my daughter bought me a ring, I''d love it even if it had synthetic stones on a wire shank and I''m sure your Mum will love what you give her.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 4:23:17 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
What about prong setting the opal in the bead set halo?
I''ve been considering that option. I need to talk with my jeweler about prong set versus bezel set inside the halo. I think I am going to do a halo.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 4:51:03 PM
Author: decodelighted
I think a more graceful swoop up to the bezel & smaller split could freshen the look up a bit more. I keep thinking ''Class Ring'' when I look at that bezeled CAD.
ROFL -- me too! The jeweler just did a fast CAD so I could compare halo versus cluster side by side. I didn''t want him to spend a lot of time on the other details until I made that first decision. I definitely want the setting to be more delicate and graceful.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 4:53:18 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
If your Mum tends to go for very thin shanks and has a size 8 finger she probably prefers the look because it potentially slims down the hand? With that in mind, I'd definitely move the arms of the split shank closer together.

You know what though? If my daughter bought me a ring, I'd love it even if it had synthetic stones on a wire shank and I'm sure your Mum will love what you give her.
I think you are right about a narrower split. I do hope she loves it. I've given her several pieces of jewelery over the years, but this is the first time I've gone custom and it is a bit nerve wracking to make the detailed choices for someone else.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Normally I''m a big bezel fan but for this ring I prefer the prongs.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the bezel set one. But I''ve NEVER liked the prong set around the center stone, I think they called it a "princess setting" in the 1980s. Personally I never liked it.

I would add the milgrain to give the ring a more antique and timeless feel!! And make the split smaller. HTH

Keep us updated on this cool project!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I go for the bezel. It looks very classy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results