shape
carat
color
clarity

New asscher style Octagon pink tourmaline -- Dan Stair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone! But I''d warn you about being careful if you''re considering setting it in white metal - it might bring out more of those brown tones, and not just in photos. RG would obviously make it more pink, but since you say that it''s got a bi-color sort of effect, I wouldn''t exclude the idea of using YG either. It might play up the stone and make it shine oranges and pinks at the same time under some lightings.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m with Mochi that asschers aren’t easy to photograph but once you get it, it’s pretty easy. My most accurate pink asscher pictures are all taken outdoors under direct sunlight anytime before noon. While I like the setting, I’m also concerned that white metal might bring out the brown undertone. I think a yellow metal will highlight the play of orange and pink of the tourmaline.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, very pretty. I really like that pinky yellow color.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that the cut is just beautiful. It looks like it has alot of sparkle and depth to it! Just beautiful! Congrats!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and of course I love the cut!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies for for comments
1.gif

I just popped in to clarify-- the asscher stone will NOT be set in the setting I showed in this thread. That setting is for the bubblegum pink dan stair tourmaline that in the other thread--- it has no color shift like this one does
10.gif
I think I may have confused things by showing all the diff pics

I don''t have a setting for this one yet
31.gif
35.gif

Over and out--- eeek sneaky post from work
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results