shape
carat
color
clarity

New Asscher Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

minky

Rough_Rock
Would appreciate anyones thoughts on this Asscher I have found on BN please:

Stock number: LD00975126
Carat weight: 3.06
Cut: Very Good
Colour: E
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 66.1%
Table %: 61%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 8.24x8.23x5.44 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.00

http://www.bluenile.co.uk/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00975126

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Looks a TON better than the last one. The problem with BlueNile is that I don''t think they will take pictures of the diamond before you buy it. If you don''t want to pay for shipping to the UK with no idea how it looks you might want to have Whiteflash or another vendor like that to call it in. They will take pictures, Idealscope pictures, and run a Sarin Report on it before you have to buy it. If they think it doesn''t perform up to expectations you don''t have to pay anything but if they think it performs well but you decide you don''t want it you are only out the shipping cost from the supplier to the vendor (about $50) not the cost of shipping and insurance and customs to and from the UK. I hope that made sense... Good luck!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 12:51:43 PM
Author: indecisive
Looks a TON better than the last one. The problem with BlueNile is that I don't think they will take pictures of the diamond before you buy it. If you don't want to pay for shipping to the UK with no idea how it looks you might want to have Whiteflash or another vendor like that to call it in. They will take pictures, Idealscope pictures, and run a Sarin Report on it before you have to buy it. If they think it doesn't perform up to expectations you don't have to pay anything but if they think it performs well but you decide you don't want it you are only out the shipping cost from the supplier to the vendor (about $50) not the cost of shipping and insurance and customs to and from the UK. I hope that made sense... Good luck!
I completely agree with Indecisive. WF or any of the other PS vendors would be the best to try and go through if possible. It will give you the peace of mind to know if it does indeed have those deeply clipped corners or clear windmills that are so desirable in asschers.

Good luck, and that looks like a STUNNER of an Asscher!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Doesn't 8.24 seem small for a 3ct+ asscher?
33.gif

ETA: GOG has 2ct+ at just over 7mm I did not realize that they asscher cut faced up that much smaller...bummer.

minky

Rough_Rock
great tip, thankx !

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Minky...
Like everyone else I think you should shop for your vendor first...find one who sounds like someone you''d like to work with...and let them do the preliminary hunting/culling.

It is SO IMPORTANT to have a human eyeball a candidate, especially asschers. Numbers alone just don''t tell enough.

I''ve heard good things about Jonathan at Good Old Gold...I think Kaleigh got her killer asscher from them...

Good luck!
widget

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I believe MoreMoreMore found her cushion on BlueNile and contacted Mark T at ERD to have it brought in for her.
She said that she got a better deal from Mark too.
If you''re interested in this Asscher you could call Mark and have him bring it in to look at it.

Scintillating...

minky

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, showing my ignorance here - can I ask what ERD is please.....

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
it has potentual but you need someone to pull it in and get pictures to tell anything.

www.goodoldgold.com does a good job with asschers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results