shape
carat
color
clarity

New and blue!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 3:58:03 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I WANNA PLAY!

Can I at least reveal if someone is right?

Whoops! You can now
3.gif

Oh I was originally going to have them engrave the setting with a simple wheat pattern but in the end decided not to. I''m glad I didn''t - I like the simplicity and lines of the ring.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 4:00:02 PM
Author: karee888
Yay :)

love the setting!

Thanks Karee! I fell in love with that setting in the spring/early summer but didn''t have anything to set in it. I was considering resetting my Jeff White blue-green tourmaline into it but never got around to it...and then this stone turned up!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 4:01:28 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

love the setting!

Thanks Karee! I fell in love with that setting in the spring/early summer but didn''t have anything to set in it. I was considering resetting my Jeff White blue-green tourmaline into it but never got around to it...and then this stone turned up!
is that setting from somewhere in chicago? i might be moving there when i finish in may. i might have to ask where that place is! :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 4:05:46 PM

love the setting!

is that setting from somewhere in chicago? i might be moving there when i finish in may. i might have to ask where that place is! :)

Really? That''d be awesome! And you''ll be arriving as it starts to warm up and get beautiful - good timing!

The setting is from Windy City Jewelers in Jewelers Row. They''re fantastic - I go to them to get my gems set, but this is the first time I''ve bought a setting from them. They''re just great to work with, and not pushy at all, which I appreciate.

I got to see this setting when I was in the store last time, and I fell in love. Sadly, too expensive for now!
7.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty! It looks great on your hand!!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 4:12:06 PM

love the setting!

Really? That''d be awesome! And you''ll be arriving as it starts to warm up and get beautiful - good timing!

The setting is from Windy City Jewelers in Jewelers Row. They''re fantastic - I go to them to get my gems set, but this is the first time I''ve bought a setting from them. They''re just great to work with, and not pushy at all, which I appreciate.

I got to see this setting when I was in the store last time, and I fell in love. Sadly, too expensive for now!
7.gif
i think we have very similar taste! i LOVE it.

i''ve got an interview in 2 weeks, so i''m sure i''ll be back before then begging for dust. :) we''re originally from NW indiana, so we used to go to chicago all the time. and we LOVE that city. so it''s pretty exciting!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I really thought it was a spinel... you threw me off by mentioning ''Freke''!! The setting is beautiful also!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO! I''m a spinel crazy woman, I know...

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
BEG -- If you don''t mind me asking, how much do they charge to set? And how long does it take? I might stop by after my interview. :)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo that''s a hunky setting. I like it a lot!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone. Lovely susbstantial setting. They did a fabulous job setting it, in particular because zircons are softer stones. Congratulations BEG.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Except that it''s a tourmaline.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
You ring this beautiful, and I LOVE your stone. I would have guessed a zircon, but I''d have been wrong. Thanks for sharing!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEG, that tourmaline is beautiful!!!! Looks lovely on your hand!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....WHAT A BEAUTY....I LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 4:14:27 PM
Author: packrat
So pretty! It looks great on your hand!!

Thank you Packrat!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif
beautiful ring!

-A

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 4:16:07 PM
Date: 11/7/2009 4:12:06 PM

love the setting!

7.gif

i think we have very similar taste! i LOVE it.

i''ve got an interview in 2 weeks, so i''m sure i''ll be back before then begging for dust. :) we''re originally from NW indiana, so we used to go to chicago all the time. and we LOVE that city. so it''s pretty exciting!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you get it!

They usually charge me around $50-$60 to set (I''ve taken them LOGR settings, etc. before, and they do a great job). They actually also set my Lotus ring - I had Sally make the setting and mail it to me. Just to set, it usually takes a couple days - not much longer than 3. For this project, it took a week since they had to order the setting for me.

To tell the truth, I really think they need to update their office. I went to them because they''re rated by CitySearch or something as Chicago''s #1 recommended jeweler (Dimend Scaasi being another) but their office just kind of looks...meh. Not that great. But I''m glad I stuck with them, because they''ve done a great job on setting my stuff, and their prices are so reasonable for some of the settings!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 4:28:07 PM
Author: mochi
I really thought it was a spinel... you threw me off by mentioning 'Freke'!! The setting is beautiful also!

Aww haha I totally didn't mean to! Though I can see why many of you guessed spinel too - it gets a bit darker indoors where I was taking the pictures. Outside in the shade - wow! Seriously, walked into people staring at it!

And thanks! I love your new ACS stone by the way! Just a delicate peachy pink
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 4:43:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
LMAO! I''m a spinel crazy woman, I know...

I aspire to your 8 spinel e-rings
1.gif
I do love spinel though - I''m a big fan of blue stones of all kinds!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 5:06:30 PM
Author: gemgirl
Ooooooo that''s a hunky setting. I like it a lot!

Thanks Gemgirl! I wasn''t too sure about the euroshank - never had a ring with it before, but it''s really comfortable. And definitely no spin or anything so it all worked out

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 5:18:29 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Very pretty stone. Lovely susbstantial setting. They did a fabulous job setting it, in particular because zircons are softer stones. Congratulations BEG.

Thanks TL! It is a tourmaline but you''re right, they did do a great job! It''s a little different from my other rings - the way the prongs were built, it gives a slightly squareish look to the ring, which is actually really interesting
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 6:03:09 PM
Author: AustenNut
You ring this beautiful, and I LOVE your stone. I would have guessed a zircon, but I''d have been wrong. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you AustenNut! It does remind me a bit of a Finewater zircon I got a while back (returned it since I don''t like Portuguese cuts, but the color was just stunning).
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 6:17:39 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
BEG, that tourmaline is beautiful!!!! Looks lovely on your hand!

Thanks Lauren! Though I should call you enabler - all your recent beauties have got me looking for an aqua asscher! Darn you and your gorgeous rings!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 6:34:38 PM
Author: loriken214
WOW....WHAT A BEAUTY....I LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Thank you Lori!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 8:47:25 PM
Author: Arcadian
18.gif
beautiful ring!

-A

Thanks Arcadian! I love your av by the way! Such a beautiful ring

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Lovely gem! It fooled me ''cos I originally thought it''s a Spinel
5.gif

Congrats on your ring! A really wonderful piece.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 9:20:32 PM
Author: blithesome71
Lovely gem! It fooled me ''cos I originally thought it''s a Spinel
5.gif

Congrats on your ring! A really wonderful piece.

Thank you Blithesome!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Another gorgeous ering BEG.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s just LOVELY!!
36.gif

I really like the color of the stone and it looks very good in that setting! Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results