shape
carat
color
clarity

New amazing product for natural nail lovers :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I love having nice nails and do my own gel manis at home. Usually just clear coats, but since menopause, I’ve needed the gels for strength.
Lately, I’ve been growing tired of the time it takes and decided to go natural again. @kenny thread on UV also proved to be an impetus to try something new.
This product! O. M. G. I never write reviews but I can’t believe what this serum has done for my nails in two short days! After removing the gels, my nails always feel very fragile, (iykyk) so I would cover them right back up. Now, they feel just as strong as they did with the gels!! I just can’t believe it.
I wanted to share for those striving for strong natural nails.
Oh, it is a bit expensive at about $25 for 3 oz. (But I got 25% off with a cvs coupon). It does seem to go far as I’ve been using it a tad more than recommended because it’s also soothing to apply and the results are just wow.
Ok, enough raving. Here it is. Check out the reviews if you’re unsure.

A quick pic I just took. Have been using gel polish for years and I ain’t young. :lol:

IMG_9823.jpeg

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am desperately searching for something like this. But would you mind updating this thread in a couple of weeks please? To see if the effect is not temporary? Last time I tried OPI envy, I was sold on it initially. But after a few weeks, I had the same issues of weak nails chipping, splitting—ugh!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am desperately searching for something like this. But would you mind updating this thread in a couple of weeks please? To see if the effect is not temporary? Last time I tried OPI envy, I was sold on it initially. But after a few weeks, I had the same issues of weak nails chipping, splitting—ugh!

@nala Absolutely! I will update this thread as time goes on. So far, I am super impressed. They feel so much stronger already.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Slickk, I’ll be interested in how it goes.

I do gel Polish now and again, but in between times it‘d be good to use something to keep my nails strong.

I read research several years ago about the use of the UV lamps, and it basically said that unless you used it for a ridiculously long time (not the few minutes at a time it takes to do a gel manicure), there was no issue at all.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina I will definitely update this thread as I continue to use this product. I must say that I am really impressed. Usually when I remove the gels my nails feel frail and thin. I started this on Tuesday and I see a marked difference already. Hoping this helps me stay off the gels since I prefer natural colored nails and always just had the clear coat gel on anyway.
That’s good news about the UV. I just hate the time I have to dedicate to them when they’re due for a redo.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for this info, @Slickk! My DH has thin and peeling nails due to meds he’s on. I’ll pick some up for him to use. So glad it has a natural finish rather than sparklie or super glossy. :D

ETA: Your changing garden-themed avatar pics are fun and beautiful!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SparklieBug you are so welcome. I’m happy to help and share something that I, as an avid nail person, finally found to work! I’m thrilled so far.
In fact, and to your second compliment (:D), I was doing some pretty moderately difficult gardening all morning and They. Did. Not. Break!!! Crazy, I know!! And yes, it soaks in within seconds and no sign of it after.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@SparklieBug you are so welcome. I’m happy to help and share something that I, as an avid nail person, finally found to work! I’m thrilled so far.
In fact, and to your second compliment (:D), I was doing some pretty moderately difficult gardening all morning and They. Did. Not. Break!!! Crazy, I know!! And yes, it soaks in within seconds and no sign of it after.

Wow! So great to hear that your nails held up. These are small, but important things in life. LOL! :bigsmile: Is the peace sign in your garden?!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SparklieBug no, lol, it was at the county fair last summer. Can’t wait to go again in a couple weeks, they have the best horticulture exhibit.
It is the little things in life… :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I too am interested. While I inherited my Mom's hands, I did not inherit her strong beautiful nails. Break, peel, split, etc etc....

cheers--Sharon

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I too am interested. While I inherited my Mom's hands, I did not inherit her strong beautiful nails. Break, peel, split, etc etc....

cheers--Sharon

I’ll keep you updated. I get it! My nails always did so much better with strong gels. Hoping this works long term! :)

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered some. Thanks for the heads up!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I bought some yesterday. I used it twice yesterday, and twice today. I keep thinking it must be my imagination...my nail tips already feel stronger! They're usually soft and bendy, and right now (this very moment), as I put pressure on the nails (short) that at at my fingertips (as opposed to the nail bed), they feel non-bendy and strong. How is this possible? :eek-2::oops2:

The product has almost no smell (most excellent!), is very light, and absorbs into the nails almost instantly.

DH is also using it, although he said he hasn't noticed a difference yet.

Thanks so much, @Slickk!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the reviews! I ordered some as well, should be arriving today, I definitely like a natural long nail look.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only ever paint my nails myself & haven’t ever had gels, but also being of a certain age I have noticed they breaking with one knock, they split & just feel brittle, despite the collagen & the HRT.

I have ordered some of this - thanks for the tip!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re welcome @SparklieBug @jaysonsmom and @Ally T I am so happy to help and hope it works as well for you as it has been for me. I have been using it for five days and I see a marked difference. Since the polish is off, I am also loading up on the lotion to the nails in between applications. Like @Ally T my menopausal nails have been splitting so hope this alleviates that.
@SparklieBug I hope it works for your dh’s nails too. And it’s great that it soaks right in because we can go right on with the day. I admit my tips felt stronger that first day too!! Amazing! And they have not broken since!
I also love the look a a nice healthy polish-less nail. :)
Please come back and share your results as I will. So far very happy. I’ll post a pic in a few days.

Last edited:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@Slickk Another thing I noticed (already!) this morning, is that one or two nails had some little longitudinal "ridges" forming on them. They are barely visible now. The difference is actually almost baffling—like I'm being spoofed. :lol: This stuff is really amazing, thus far!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slickk Another thing I noticed (already!) this morning, is that one or two nails had some little longitudinal "ridges" forming on them. They are barely visible now. The difference is actually almost baffling—like I'm being spoofed. :lol: This stuff is really amazing, thus far!

I know, right?! I too was surprised at the seemingly immediate improvement. Fingers crossed it remains.
I will say that after five days of copious amounts of applications, I did use polish remover, as on the edges it seemed a tad built up? That worked.
Come back to update!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was hoping someone would mention if this stuff helps ridges. I have very strong nails so don't need help on that, but they do get some slight ridges. I usually buff my nails to get rid of the ridges and shine them up, but it would be great if I could avoid the ridges all together. I think you can see them in this photo.
IMG_5859.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain I’m ‘lookin again’ (:lol:) and I don’t see the ridges you speak of. But I do have vertical (N/S) ones, that sort of crack at the tips, so I’ll keep an eye out for that.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I was hoping someone would mention if this stuff helps ridges. I have very strong nails so don't need help on that, but they do get some slight ridges. I usually buff my nails to get rid of the ridges and shine them up, but it would be great if I could avoid the ridges all together. I think you can see them in this photo.
IMG_5859.jpg

Yes! These are exactly the kind of “ridges” that I have (had?) on my nails. This morning I can only see the faintest lines on my thumb nails, and my left ring finger!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing this! I'm weird and like to have all my finger nails the same length. That means I end up cutting all of my long nails every week or two when one of them inevitably breaks. It makes me sad because I really like the look of long nails. I've found less breakage with the oval shape, for some reason, but I'm excited to try this product to see if I can extend the life of my long nails even more. Thank you!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JV36912 happy to help and hope you have a good experience with this product too. I am just like you!! I will file all the nails down if one breaks. Yup!! :wall:I prefer the oval shape too!! Do come back and let us know.

Guys…
Tomorrow will be one week I’ve used this. And I don’t wear dish gloves, don’t use my dish washer, hand-wash clothes, garden (with gloves), groomed the pooch today all without breakage?! What?!?!

IMG_9853.jpeg

ETA you can see a little build up on the edges of a couple nails. I applied twice this am before the pooch. Haha

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Love your stack—wait!, is this a nail product thread?! LOL! Plus HUGE bonus points for the pic of sweet Bear! :kiss2:

ETA: Your nails look really great!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your stack—wait!, is this a nail product thread?! LOL! Plus HUGE bonus points for the pic of sweet Bear! :kiss2:

ETA: Your nails look really great!

Aww thanks @SparklieBug you’re too kind. You know that stack can’t last long with the summer swelling, but I try once in a while.
The nails … I’m pretty shocked. I mean, I know it will take more than six days to repair years of gel polish, but I’m feeling optimistic. :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three (?) week update. Very happy with the results from this product thus far. Admittedly, I have been using coconut oil on them as well.
It should be noted that this is two weeks with no breakage and no polish. That’s a big win in itself. :) We’ll see how they do when I set up my class this week.

IMG_0041.jpeg
Edited to add: I have used almost the entire bottle.

Last edited:

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I like it too. Thanks for the ‘tip’!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look very nice and healthy @Slickk ! Thanks for the update!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look very nice and healthy @Slickk ! Thanks for the update!

Thank you!! Yes! I’m very impressed with this product.
I did put a clear coat on for this week while I set up my classroom. I’ll come back to this after that is done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results