shape
carat
color
clarity

New advise on stone - Fast

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scooter

Rough_Rock
I would like your opinion on a stone I have looked at yesterday. Just a second opinion.

.95ct
Roound Brilliant
H Color
VVS1
6.33x6.29x3.86mm
Proportions: Very Good
Depth 61.1%
Table 62%
Crown 13%
Pavillion depth 44%
Girdle Thin to Medium
Finish Grade GOOD
Photoluminescence Medium

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
This stone by the numbers only appears to be a deep stone as the table is spread and the total depth is 62%

But without seeing it I can''t tell you how its light return is. This is a typical average cut diamond.

If that is what you want, then get it checked if you''re unsure (and you should be).

Fast? That''s not real good in shopping for diamonds. Take your time and learn and see as much as you can.

Rockdoc

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
The table is waaaaay large. It will make the diamond look bigger at the expense of scintillation. Why VVS1? You can get an completely eye clean stone in a VS2 and save $.

You are missing a bunch of stats like pav and crown angles that would help make an analysis. By the size of the table though, this diamond is not considered ideal...so if you choose it, don''t pay an ideal price....

I''d pass.

scooter

Rough_Rock
Price is $4400 out the door

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I think you can do much better. Trade off the high clarity and low cut for high cut stats and lower clarity. Clarity is invisible to the naked eye in most cases (look for an eye-clean SI1 or SI2 which is harder to find, or at the highest a VS2), and cut makes all the difference in the world on the sparkle and "life" of a diamond. A search on PS shows that there are well cut stones available for less than you are considering. Call some of these vendors. Tell them what your parameters are, and let them help you find a great stone in your price range.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
You''d be paying for what you are getting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results