shape
carat
color
clarity

New .75 ct sapphire pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was kind of a "just for fun" purchase because I like Bob's cutting style. The color is pretty meh, it's a light greenish blue that has a decent gray tone. But the cut is lovely and the dispersion is pretty impressive. In the daylight, the color reminds me of aquamarine.

It's .75 ct and 5.4mm. I'm mostly posting it because Bob has similar material and stones available, but his photos are always horrible. So I thought I'd post some for those of you who might have been considering them.

mtgbksapp.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A hand shot

mtgbkhand.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next to my native cut sapphire. (the white spot in the corner is a weird reflection, not zoning)

mtgsappps.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And some pics with the other relatively new aquisitions

mtgblues2.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very meh by comparison, but for 50$ I wasn''t expecting the moon, lol.

mtgbluegroups.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE ALL YOUR STONES! I especially love the one in the middle...is that the one you aquired from Michael?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 5:09:07 PM
Author: D&T
LOVE ALL YOUR STONES! I especially love the one in the middle...is that the one you aquired from Michael?

Yup, that''s the tourmaline from MichE...that I''m still stumped on how to set. Going to a gem show next weekend, so I''ll keep an eye out there, otherwise it''s just off to Julia to do what she will with it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
MTG- Its a very pretty stone! Thank you for posting pics to show us Bob''s cutting style; this auctions are affordable, but I was still afraid to make a purchase because of his pictures.

It reminds me a little bit of some Umba valley sapphires I''ve seen. This might be out there, but I''m imagining this with rose gold prongs. Is that totally wacko?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a pretty color-are you going to put it in a ring?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I probably won''t be setting it for awhile since I''ll be using my funds to set the tanzanite and tourmaline and I already have my tsavorite in the works. I also like to space out my projects a little so that I have some time to enjoy the new piece before I move onto to something else, hehe.

I was thinking of maybe incorporating into a key design from Julia that has been all the rage over the in the Jewelery forum. :) I''m not in a rush though since I have a lot of other stones that need setting first!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone! The color doesn''t really speak to me much, but the cut is lovely!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Who is Bob?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bob Kast, ie vallejo916 on ebay.

Or site

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely photos MTG, my favourite one is Michael E''s tourmaline as well, the color just pops.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks LG! Yeah, what the tourmaline lacks in dispersion it definitely makes up for in glow! My personal fav is still the tanzanite though, it just has the prettiest color and sparkle.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You aren't playing fair to the poor sapphire by having it photographed next to the tanzanite and amazing tourmaline.
1.gif
Wow, can't beat that colour for 50 cents!
23.gif
It's a good deal for someone on a tight budget.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
MTG, was that stone 50 cents or 50 dollars ? Beautiful stone either way, and thanks for showing us this picture because it's his pictures that have kept me from bidding in the past. Have you thought about maybe doing a pendant with all 3 stones on your finger? Because I actually think the 3 look pretty together, though perhaps I'm in the minority.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2009 5:23:22 PM
Author: AustenNut
MTG, was that stone 50 cents or 50 dollars ? Beautiful stone either way, and thanks for showing us this picture because it''s his pictures that have kept me from bidding in the past. Have you thought about maybe doing a pendant with all 3 stones on your finger? Because I actually think the 3 look pretty together, though perhaps I''m in the minority.

Haha, 50 dollars which included shipping. I would like to do a 3 stone some day, but the tourmaline and tanzanite are too unique to me, so I want to show them off on their own. The tanzanite is destined for a rose gold mistral pendant by Sally.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the mistake in pricing. LOL! $50 is still a good price but 50 cents would have been the deal of the century.
9.gif
I assumed that the dollar sign after the number was to represent cents since we don’t have a coin representation on the keyboard.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
It is a pretty stone, especially for $50! What is Bob''s seller name on Ebay?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2009 11:07:21 AM
Author: Novel
It is a pretty stone, especially for $50! What is Bob's seller name on Ebay?

Vallejo916 is his name on ebay.

He's actually sending me more stones to sample since I didn't like the grey cast to this one. We'll see how they look when they get here :) Chances are I won't be keeping this one though, so if any of you are interested you can contact him. It's not a vivid blue by any means, but it's pretty and has a lot of sparkle thanks to a great cut.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I''ve heard you guys talk about him but didn''t know that was him.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Pretty little stone, MTG!

And I just caught up on your new tanzanite.... and um, it looks like you may be catching the size bug too??
3.gif
3.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2009 11:37:06 AM
Author: icekid
Pretty little stone, MTG!

And I just caught up on your new tanzanite.... and um, it looks like you may be catching the size bug too??
3.gif
3.gif

I totally am!! I''m trying to stem that though by setting it in a pendant, because I KNOW if I put it in a ring and look at it all day, my other rings will start to shrink!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I hope you like one of his other stones. I really like your idea of setting it into one of the key pendants! Very cool. TFS

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 8:34:49 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Bob Kast, ie vallejo916 on ebay.

Or site

Oh, I''ve seen him mentioned. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results