shape
carat
color
clarity

Netflix Show "Sex Education"

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone watched this? It's about the lives of teens in a British high school. It was recommended to me by a friend and has had rave reviews. I have mixed feelings about it. It's so vulgar and weird but the characters have really grown on me, and the acting is amazing. Asa Butterfield, who played the lead in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, has a major role, as does Gillian Anderson. And some newer actors who are fantastic.

I'm not sure what to make of it really. What do others think, if they've seen it?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not seen the latest season, but I love this show. The acting and writing are fantastic. I especially love how developed each character is, even the minor ones.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just started watching season 4. It's different - Maeve is abroad and there's a new school and new characters.

Edit: I think you put your finger on it: the characters ARE really well-developed.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I have watched it.. and starting the newest seasons.

I do love the character development - feels like we are growing with them. The other thing I reflected on was how grateful I am not to be navigating high school in the current day - there are so many things to consider. These teens do a marvellous job of learning and developing - maybe we could learn a thing or two!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's great show but- it is neither British nor american. It is some strange hybrid. It feels like it was written for a US school setting, and then budget or whatnot forced it to be set in the UK.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved the first three seasons. I’m struggling with the fourth. I love how Frank and open they are about the challenges of navigating life for teenagers these days. It’s an alternative reality tho, neither British or American but I think relatable.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Loved it. Keep up with the 4th, the ending is so worth it. This is the last season.
I love how this show brings topics to light that many people don't encounter or deal with personally, and educates people on things that some have to struggle with. I think watching with an open mind could help people to see things through other peoples eyes/live in their shoes, and help create compassion.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just about the watch the 4th episode!

In season 3 and 4, I found myself fast-forwarding frequently because I just found that there was way too much music. Most of it I didn't recognize or didn't think was very good, and the writing is so good I became impatient with so many songs. I want the dialog!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results