shape
carat
color
clarity

Needle in the haystack- J SI2 in pre loved Victor Canera

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pricescope made me do it. Got me hooked on Victor Canera and Mrs. Boxes and huge cushions and the rest, as they say, is history.

I wasn't even planning on making a SMTB but I still see so many people asking similar questions- "is a J color ok? Is there such a thing as an eye clean SI2?" This post is for all of you!

I wish I could afford a E VVS huge stone, but I can't. So I decided to begin searching for the elusive "white facing J, eye clean SI" stone. I looked at about 3000 (at LEAST) GIA reports and plots, then saw about two dozen stones in person. To make things even harder, I had already purchased a VC setting from Grace (of Jewels by Grace) for a CRAZY good price, and whatever stone i bought had to fit those dimensions. We did sell my old ring to cover about half of the price of this guy. This is my third (and final, according to husby) ring and I could not be more over the moon.

It took about 6 months total, but in the end I finally have her- Genevieve, my "discount" ring that makes me feel like a million bucks! My heart races when I look at my finger.

Stats:
2.01 ct (spready stone but incredible brilliant)
4 Main brilliant
J color
SI 2 clarity- twinning wisps
8.12 x 7.65
Ring size 4.5/ 4.75 but ring is a size 5.25 as it's eternity and I don't want to ever worry about swelling and not fitting into it =) It spins a bit on it's own but with my band it's fine

Setting: Victor Canera Emilya, full eternity, single cut diamonds E-F color

Picture time! Multiple types of lighting to try and show how she looks at all times. The only time i see a hint of color is in bathroom lighting, so I made sure to include one of those photos as well.

This one shows the tint

photo1__16_.jpg

photo2__5__copy.jpg

photo1__15_.jpg

photo1__15__copy.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Not sure if you can see the difference in material between the two batches of mrs. boxes, but I personally do not love the new velvet. At least my desire to buy more has been quelled!

photo3__2_0.jpg

photo2__5_0.jpg

photo3__2__0.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is stunning! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I LOVE this ring, it is a real beauty!!! :love: :love: :love: How wonderful to have such a pretty stone in a VC setting, you must be so excited! Love the look of a cushion halo, fabulous! :appl:

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
trying to show the twinning wisps

full perspective shot

instagram pic =)

screen_shot_2015-08-22_at_5.png

photo2__5__copy_2.jpg

photo3__2__copy_2.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning ring! I love your stone & setting. :love: Looks like your patience paid off in a big way! Congrats on your new stunner! :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying the cushion-shaped setting before you have a stone in hand seems like a real leap of faith, but - it certainly paid off for you. And that doesn't just fit, it's fabulous! Congratulations, and enjoy your new ring!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats beautiful stone and ring!!! Well done to find such a nice cut to fit!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done! Love it! :love:

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So happy for you, well done!! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your story and photo's! Your ring looks amazing. You made great choices in bringing together the Emilya cushion setting and a beautiful sparkly stone.

Enjoy wearing your ring :wavey:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the only thing better than getting something beautiful that makes you swoon and your heart race, is to get it at a discount! Congrats!! :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Your new ring is beautiful and seems as if it was meant to be!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!! Very well done. Wear it in health and happiness.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous and it looks stunning on your hand!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, just stunning! :love: :love:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's some serious spread, you did very very well! Congratulations and enjoy!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
It was fate! Perfect setting, perfect stone. If husby says this is the last upgrade, this one is a keeper. Congrats! :love: :cheeky:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is seriously beautiful. Kudos to you for being patient and thorough and picky and getting the RIGHT ring for you. You did all the heavy lifting in finding this gorgeous ring and it looks as though it paid off big time! (PS that is one of the cleanest SI2s I've seen. Totally holds up under macro-lens..)

:wavey: :love: :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Dollyanjuli- fabulous! :clap:

You did an incredible job putting this stunner together. Great ring- looks spectacular on you.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much everyone! It means so much as this community is what inspired me and i have learned so much from here!

For those who are curious: I wanted a VC Emilya since the first time I saw one on PS. But I couldn't afford the 5K+ price so had my jeweler copy it for my last ring. I appreciated my "emilya like" setting for what it was, a less than 2K CAD modeled design.

BUT- when i saw that Grace had an Emilya I knew i had to have it, and would somehow figure out the stone. She had it listed for 2400 (about 60% off the new price) and finally, an Emilya was in my reach! My husband did not understand why anyone would spend so much on a setting , but when he finally saw the completed ring even he had to admit it was flawless. I would not recommend buying a setting that was custom made for another stone (especially a fancy shape) unless you have the time and patience to find a stone that fits- it won't happen overnight. But for me, it was so worth it.

On the stone: you can find J SI2 2 carat cushions for as low as 7.5K, but they look TERRIBLE. I absolutely paid on the higher end for a stone with these paper specs (just over 10K) but it was beyond well worth it, for the face up size as well as the cut and how eye clean the stone ended up being. I worked with B2C to get the current stone and they were great, but I also saw stones from James Allen as well as local stores in DTLA and a few that Grace herself sourced.

I call this a discount ring, but to many people spending over 12K on a ring is a LOT of money. It's a lot of money to us!!! But I wore my ring for the first time shopping in all the hoity toyty jewelry stores in Los Angeles and it absolutely stood up next to 25K plus rings i saw, and in many cases far surpassed them.

One last shout out to Grace who was AMAZING!!! I can't wait to buy more from her...will take a long time for the funds to replenish but when they do, she will be the first person i call. She was unbelievably sweet and patient and allowed me to pay over a period of 3 months for the setting. We would meet at this really charming bakery and chit chat and she was so beyond lovely. Her bench was also the one that set my stone and for a very reasonable fee.

I hope that this post can help inspire others to be patient when looking for their dream ring, and that if you are on a budget it can sometimes pay off tremendously to look beyond what is considered "ideal" on a piece of paper...sometimes you can find something amazing. I know I did :love:

Thank you for letting me share!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your patience paid off and it's a gorgeous ring :appl: Great finger coverage and a VC to boot :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story! Thank you for sharing your beautiful achievement. You spent your money very well and it definitely looks beautiful on you!!!

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Wow, how many cool things can you pack into one post? :D There's nothing better than getting something you love at a steal. Bravo, it's gorgeous!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Really kind of you to share how you put this piece together.

I have to echo you, in that working with Grace is such a pleasure- she is a hard working, smart lady who absolutely goes the distance to make things right. And reasonable- she has always come in under or at when I have compared costs. For the level of service and attention to detail you get with her, she really knocks my socks off.

Also... my littlest munchkin is Genevieve.... so I love the name you gave your ring :angel:

I'm tickled that even your husband can appreciate what an incredible ring you have.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Don't know how I missed this one, but it is really stunning!
Love your story and the ring, Congratulations!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli, I've followed your long journey in finding the perfect cushion ring and I'm guessing this is finally the ONE? :dance:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh! Your ring is stunning!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is soooo beautiful! I'm so glad it it worked out so well! So you ended up selling the Daussi first, then the new halo from your jeweler? What a journey! So glad you ended up with this beauty! I am curious do you happen to know the size melee on your halo?

Stunning. Just stunning.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING ring. I am a cushion lover and I really like the facet pattern in your new cushion. Congrats on finding a wonderful cushion to go in your dream setting!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results