shape
carat
color
clarity

Needing advice from my fellow ladies in waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies!

We went to look at rings again Thursday, and I think we hit the jackpot. I''d been leaning towards a round solitaire...but found that i really liked ovals (set east west...)
Found the PERFECT pave setting...that looks cathedralish...and is just stunning...

We also found an amazing stone for the price. It''s .72, E SI 2. As far as we can tell, completely eye clean. SOOOO amazingly sparkly.

My question is....

Does the fact that it''s SI 2 mean that it might be damaged easier?
If you girls found a great sparkler stone that was an SI 2 would you get it? if you thought it was beautiful?

Just wondering if we need to be more careful...cause It really is beautiful and looks great with the setting....

I trust you guy''s opinions completely so please, feel free to tell me what you think!!!!!

(PS--boyfriend LOVED IT! The lady in the store even took a picture with a polaroid!

19.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Amaleekel,

Hmm....looks like I am the only one at home on a friday night! I read something about this on the forum (you can do a search) and I don''t think SI2 will be much of a problem. In terms of breaking, I heard that the I1 and I2 were more likely to break. Personally, if I got to examine the stone in person (which you did) and I saw myself that it was SI2 and eyeclean, beautiful sparkle, then I would go for it. If I was buying online, without seeing it, then I would be much more worried. There is a girl on the forum that has a beautiful S12 diamond, you can''t see anything on it. If it feels right, looks beautiful, terrific price, then go for it! And post some pictures for your LIW!

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
Hey Ally!

Love being home on a Friday night!!! haha!

THe stone was sooo beautiful...i almost don''t want to look into the loupe just because it might ruin my image of it !

I had been really caught up in the "numbers" game...I know they''re important to an extent..but if the diamond is beautiful to the eye...I think numbers don''t matter......right???!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
AMALEEKEL-

i''d say go for it!! i don''t think SI2 poses any serious breakage risk. and if it''s eye clean, that''s all that really matters to me personally. it sounds completely gorgeous... and in the end, as long as YOU love it, then that''s all that matters!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Amaleekel: Don''t get caught up in the numbers game! Honestly, NO ONE is going to look at your ring with a loupe. To me its all about how the diamond looks on your hand. At most, some of your jewelery obsessed girlfriends will look at it closely (10 inches away from their face) and if it is eye clean then it makes no difference if it''s an S1 or a VS1. They''ll never know, and never ask. I think I am really into engagement rings and I never looked at one close enough to find an inclusion. You kind of have to be searching for an inclusion, and I doubt anyone will do that. So I would tell you to go for it. Did you pick out a setting to go with the diamond? What is it?

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
Ally,

The setting is white gold...it has pave about 1/8 or so of an inch from where the diamond sits down the band....
I guess technically it''s not cathedral, but both sides of the band go up a little bit so it looks cathedral.

I have a pic but it''s poor quality.

Hopefully it might be mine someday!

My boyfriend really liked it too.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for a successful shopping trip!!!

I''d totally go for it. I mean, totally if you have looked and havent seen anything wrong with the stone. From what I''ve heard and learned SI2 is a totally common type of stone and I''ve never read any horror stories of them damaging easily. From what you''ve described, it sounds beautiful
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Ama: I''m so glad that you and the BF had a successful shopping trip!!! The ring sounds beautiful and I can''t wait to see pictures of it on your hand!!! I would totally get and "eye clean" SI2. So you have nothing to worry about.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
I would totally get it.

I don''t think the inclusions will make an SI2 more fragile unless it''s something like, a crack across the WHOLE diamond, and I''m pretty sure you''d be able to see that with your eyes.

But I''m pretty sure that if it''s graded SI2 because of, say, black carbon spots or a big cloud, it won''t matter at all.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh, honey, in the words of Stiller in "Starsky and Hutch":

DO IT. DO IT. DO IT.

Seriously, I wouldn''t worry about SI2 affecting the integrity of the stone at all. What''s important is that it speaks to you, sparkles like mad, and reflects the love that you and your FI2B have for each other!!! It sounds like you have found IT!!!

I ADORE east-west set ovals!!! Can''t WAIT to see it!!!!!!! Sounds amazing! Scan that polaroid if you can!?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Go for it! The setting sounds gorgeous and if you''ve seen the stone in person and it spoke to you...you said it yourself...numbers become moot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results