shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dameisers

Rough_Rock
I have the opportunity to purchase a diamond and I want your HONEST opinions. It is a 2.22 VS2/M ideal square with hearts and arrows. Of course, I know this stone will be beautiful if mounted properly and I trust the vendor completely. I have been assured it will face up white. What do you think? Would you shy away from the M color?

I currently have an F/VVS2 "Hearts On Fire" and I really do not like it. I know that is strange, but I feel the diamond glows on my olive skin.

To make matters more complicated, I am also a huge yellow diamond fan. I have looked at DBL's website and see some awesome rings/loose diamonds. Which would you choose and why? The M stone or a light yellow stone?

Thank you for your help!

dameisers

Rough_Rock
Come on! I know you have comments! Don''t be shy.
28.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
for me it would depend on the cut and color of the yellow.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2005 2:03:33 PM
Author:dameisers
I have the opportunity to purchase a diamond and I want your HONEST opinions. It is a 2.22 VS2/M ideal square with hearts and arrows. Of course, I know this stone will be beautiful if mounted properly and I trust the vendor completely. I have been assured it will face up white. What do you think? Would you shy away from the M color?

I currently have an F/VVS2 ''Hearts On Fire'' and I really do not like it. I know that is strange, but I feel the diamond glows on my olive skin.

To make matters more complicated, I am also a huge yellow diamond fan. I have looked at DBL''s website and see some awesome rings/loose diamonds. Which would you choose and why? The M stone or a light yellow stone?

Thank you for your help!
23.gif
OOOOH....can i have it.PLEASE!!!
31.gif
i have never seen a M stone so i can''t comment.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shy I''m not! For me too it would really depend, as a fan of the capes or warmer colours, I would have no problem with an M in a round, but a square I would be more cautious. Do you want your diamond to look yellow ? An M might be warm but not really yellow, I am sure from what you say it will be beautiful, but I am not quite clear as to which you would prefer - a " white" looking M or a true fancy yellow. These are two quite different choices, sorry I am not much help but if the M faced up well and had a brilliant cut, I would take that as I am not a huge yellow fan. If the diamond looked gorgeous, and the price was right for the colour grade being an M, I wouldn''t let the colour grade bother me and enjoy the diamond and the saving but that is just me though.

dameisers

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/15/2005 11:23:07 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 12/15/2005 2:03:33 PM

Author:dameisers

I currently have an F/VVS2 ''Hearts On Fire'' and I really do not like it. I know that is strange, but I feel the diamond glows on my olive skin.

To make matters more complicated, I am also a huge yellow diamond fan. I have looked at DBL''s website and see some awesome rings/loose diamonds. Which would you choose and why? The M stone or a light yellow stone?

Thank you for your help!
23.gif
OOOOH....can i have it.PLEASE!!!
31.gif
i have never seen a M stone so i can''t comment.

Yes! You can have it! LOL! I absolutely hate this thing. It''s like a glow stick on my hand.

I saw pics of the M stone and must say it is perfection. It faces up very white and has a small amount of warmth from the side. Tim at GOG did a side by side comparison with an I colored stone, and it was very difficult to see the warmth. I am actually in love with a 3.53 M colored stone at GOG, but my budget does not match. We all know how that works. So, I am going to hold off for just one more year! Then, I will be able to get my dream bling!

As for the fancy yellow stone, it is an awesome cut but the color is just not as lemony as I would like. I have dreams of owning a 3+ carat lemon baubble. So, I think I am going to wait on this one.

Thanks for all of the help! BTW, Dancing Fire, the diamond is in the mail! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results