shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your opinion on ruby please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

About the clarity of this ruby (12.6 carat) :

1- Don''t buy this thing
2- Not so bad if the price is low
3- I like it
4- If it was me I will jump on this beauty

rubie.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
seems to be fairly pink..not much light return..like the setting..is the price good?

stci

Ideal_Rock
I think : 120$

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a 12.6 ct ruby with diamonds (are they diamonds?) the price is suspiciously low. It appears included but then it is a blowup picture. I won''t buy it.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Unless it''s second hand (and the owner is about to die of starvation), the price is really too low if those are diamonds around it. If the piece is new, than I''d say those around are most probably CZ''s, cause they show fire on photos and that''s the first tell-tale of CZ''s in affordable jewellery. Honestly, if you''re only after color in a stone and don''t care much for sparkle, I''d consider a cabochon cut one, cause they''re most often less expensive than comparable faceted stones of the same material. This ruby is also definately heavily treated, cause the price is too low for such a large stone, and maybe it would be good to read a few articles online about treatments of rubies, just so that you know what''s being done and decide what you''re comfortable with. Some of those treatments might not even be permanent.

stci

Ideal_Rock
The diamond are real and suppose to be SI clarity.

I don''t know if I can love this ring in real life... I have to think...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sylvie - I doubt those are CZs because some of them look cloudy and grey looking. CZs tend to clearer and whiter. They are probably diamonds BUT they are not high quality diamonds and in real life will probably look much more grey and cloudy. I highly doubt they are SI in clarity. They appear to be I2-I3. The lighting in that picture is very strong so it's making them look better than I think they may be.

If you have $120 to throw away (just in case it's not a Ruby etc) then for the size, the diamonds, the goldweight etc., it may be worth a look.

However, for that price it's suspiciously low - what does the seller say about treatment to the Ruby? You also asked about the clarity of the Ruby? It's highly included - you should be able to see each facet and you can see that you can't in the photo. It looks dense rather than clear and glowing. If you do buy it, do you have somebody who can check it out for you?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For that price, I suspect it's not a natural ruby, or it's highly treated, or almost opaque. If it were a nice ruby, I would expect it to be surrounded by nicer diamonds, and to be worth much much MUCH more money. I personally would not waste my money. It screams "highly suspect."

stci

Ideal_Rock
I asked about treatment cause it''s write "Routinely Enhanced". I have doubt too about the clarity of the diamond and here is the answer form the seller:

"Rubies are commonly heated and I guarantee the diamonds to be as graded (SI). Please be sure that you feel comfortable with the description before bidding, hope this helps."

That''s all... difficult to have an idea of the quality but I think I''m gonna pass on this one.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2010 10:35:27 PM
Author: stci
I asked about treatment cause it''s write ''Routinely Enhanced''. I have doubt too about the clarity of the diamond and here is the answer form the seller:

''Rubies are commonly heated and I guarantee the diamonds to be as graded (SI). Please be sure that you feel comfortable with the description before bidding, hope this helps.''

That''s all... difficult to have an idea of the quality but I think I''m gonna pass on this one.
Probably a very wise decision. The seller doesn''t seem totally honest. No way are those diamonds SI clarity. Also lead glass filled rubies are heated too, and just telling someone a ruby is heated isn''t always the whole story.
38.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Yup, diamonds seem to have too bad of a clarity for SI - maybe the vendor forgot to clean the ring before taking pics
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before answering, I would like a few more details:
1. Treatment (heated, BE diffused, glass filled, etc)
2. Define what the “low” price is.
3. Does it come with any certification?

ETA
I just read the post that it is going for $120 only, which is suspiciously low. Remember that one person’s SI might be another person’s I clarity depending on whether it is the seller or buying gauging it. Also, I’m pretty sure the ruby has been treated to in every possible manner. It’s just not worth taking the risk and I’m glad you are passing on it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2010 8:41:40 AM
Author: Chrono

Before answering, I would like a few more details:
1. Treatment (heated, BE diffused, glass filled, etc)
2. Define what the “low” price is.
3. Does it come with any certification?

ETA
I just read the post that it is going for $120 only, which is suspiciously low. Remember that one person’s SI might be another person’s I clarity depending on whether it is the seller or buying gauging it. Also, I’m pretty sure the ruby has been treated to in every possible manner. It’s just not worth taking the risk and I’m glad you are passing on it.
If and only it it''s really a ruby mined from the earth. It could be a synth made to look natural.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results