shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your help designing my RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hyas!
On a recent trip to NYC, I fell in love with an ugly little duckling. This OMC is perfectly imperfect, and I had to have it.

OMC
1.13ct
O-P color
SI2 (not eye clean)

I''ve thinking of setting this into a RHR, with wee emeralds (my birthstone), and I think I want a mix of y/g and w/g.

I''ve mocked up a dreadful looking version of what I envision in my head, but would love opinions too!!

Without further adieu, here is my ugly duckling:

IMG_3620.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
IRL it''s just oh so charming!

IMG_3612.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
beside my 1.07 G RB. (needs a cleaning. SORRY!!!!)
This will give you a size comparison and also you can see the color difference as well as the lopsided shape of the OMC.

IMG_3603.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
so puuuuurdy

IMG_3589.jpg

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh Mela Lu, as a HUGE lover of antique cuts and all their quirkiness, I think your stone is adorable! And it faces up pretty darn white too!

Congratulations on bringing an orphan home - can''t wait to see what you do with it.

Oh - please do NOT ask me for inspiration, I''m afraid you''ll never be rid of me then
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of adding some color! What about a colored halo?

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
okay. now for my design inspiration. Its a gross looking mock-up, but never the less.

notice:

-I''d LOVE to have 8 prong y/g, but not sure that the lopsided cut will allow for an 8 prong. It may look odd.
-emeralds are bezel set in y/g and milgrained
-band is w/g
-marquise side stones would be set in w/g

Have you seen anything like this? Any suggestions/input would be appreciated!!!

EsRingDesign.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture I took of the stone beside a silver earring I have. I like the little bezel set stones (seen ABOVE the stone here) flanking the OMC.
Am I making sense? LOL
32.gif

IMG_3635.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
oh, and I would like the OVERALL look to have finger coverage like a 3 stone. So not like my terrible mock-up led you to believe. Le sigh.

***CALLING ANY JEWELRY DESIGNER******** SOS

This is a low-res pic I found online but it has marquise side stones that give the coverage of a 3 stone.

images-1.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mela I love the idea of what you want to do, but my worry would be that those marquise stones would get caught on EVERYTHING and might scratch that bundle of joy to be too. Any way to make them less sharp?

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Hearting Diamonds!! I totallly want your opinion! Chime in
3.gif

Tacori - I''m toying with the idea of a colored halo. yummers. Emerald halo? YAH!!!!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 3:11:14 PM
Author: neatfreak
Mela I love the idea of what you want to do, but my worry would be that those marquise stones would get caught on EVERYTHING and might scratch that bundle of joy to be too. Any way to make them less sharp?

oh, I never thought of that. Good one NF!!! Yes, this pending bundle of joy will also be Emerald (may) so hence my desire for emeralds.

MMM. What to do? Bezel the marquise?

Basically, I want it to look like 3 stone ring; resembling a flower. I''m a florist.

Bueller?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely stone with lots of character! I like the design you have... maybe slightly larger emeralds? The emerald halo sounds great too! I think the halo would really show off the irregular shape of the diamond
30.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
YES!!!!!!!!
I farking LOVE THAT. Totally seen it and lurved it.

Something like that, but instead of Bees, Leaves. Or maybe a mixture of leaves and hummingbirds?! That is the ''new'' insect for DH and I, since one flew into our wedding reception and started drinking from his boutonnière during my Mom''s speech. Crazy eh?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 3:30:56 PM
Author: mela lu
YES!!!!!!!!
I farking LOVE THAT. Totally seen it and lurved it.

Something like that, but instead of Bees, Leaves. Or maybe a mixture of leaves and hummingbirds?! That is the ''new'' insect for DH and I, since one flew into our wedding reception and started drinking from his boutonnière during my Mom''s speech. Crazy eh?
How crazy! I hope you got a picture of that!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
sadly, no pic, but we got a bit of it on video.

:)

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
This would be a great halo for my wonky stone (but done in y/g and Emeralds):
(by fay cullen)

5prof.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
another angle:

7threequarts.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
one more...

topupx.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
dats purrrrrty Ebree!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I did a quickie Photoshop for you. Hope this gives you a better idea if you''d like the halo setting with emeralds and yg.
1.gif

5profyge.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OH WOW!!!!!!!!! THANKS Girlie!!!!!

I do love it!

I did a quick Frankenstein of that Fay Cullen and the WF 8-prong profile. I think I''m on to something here....but in y/g and emeralds...

Frankensteinwg.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
You''re welcome.

For fun I colored your "frankenstein" too. hehehe
3.gif

Frankensteinyge.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
mela, check out Green Lakes Jewelry Works (http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/), they have tonnes of designs that will appeal to you, and they are totally custom so they can do what you like. Prices are good for the quality, depending on the amount of diamonds it seems to be $1500 - $2500. I like this one:

flowerpurdiness.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this:

MTG_HF_40565.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS you may want to think about using Tsavorite garnet instead of emeralds... those are such a delicate stone, but I guess it depends how it is set...

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I saw this ring with emeralds just yesterday with an OMC, loved it! Going to look for it, but this setting is just my very fave, here it is with sapphires, hope you like it, seems sort of what you want with the delicate, the gemstone, and dainty but with coverage: link

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
FOUND IT!
yes, i love your plan to set an OMC! sooooo jealous!
something like this perhaps? There is no YG, but so yummy!

OMCemer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results