shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your help - Bev K halo or Stuller Halo no airline?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm working on my milestone bday present, and have found two settings they will be in yellow gold with the Pink Sapphire and bezelled but I don't know what to do? which would you rather have? Airline designer? no Airline? the price difference isn't huge, maybe about $150 and the gold content is different? I do not want to go custom so these are my only choices. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

To Recap:

Bev K Halo with Airline 18k? or
Stuller no Airline 14k? (there are two pictures, shows the profile)

Anyone who has a Halo with an Airline I would greatly appreciate your thoughts as well.

ETA: sorry for my bad paint job
3.gif
just to show you my gem

concavesapphiresetting.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a halo with an airline and I like it. I think I prefer the look of the Beverly K setting vs the Stuller.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mean I like the version that is not two-toned.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2009 2:37:36 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I have a halo with an airline and I like it. I think I prefer the look of the Beverly K setting vs the Stuller.
thanks HH! I really like the Bev K halo as well and I thought I give it a go, then found this on stuller so naturally I started to sway
23.gif
and it went like this...

Airline, No airline or Airline? maybe No Airline...lol

I've only tried halos without airline so I don't know what the airline would look like or feel like?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the airline, personally but I know many people don''t.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait I''m confused now. I like the very first ring.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I liked the yellow gold one. I think airlines can be very nice on certain types of rings.

-A

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2009 2:40:42 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Wait I'm confused now. I like the very first ring.
hehee
1.gif
the first two ring are stuller pictured in white gold but just imagine it bezelled and yellow gold, I just didn't know how to paint my pink sapphire over the blue, but I thought I'd show the profile pic as well Does that help?
The bottom is Bev K

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you LD and Arcadian for your thoughts and votes.
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, since I haven''t got a clue which is which this is easy!!! Which do YOU like? They look very different to me (irrespective of the airline).

An airline can make a ring look bigger and quite modern and personally I like them.

One other consideration for you ........ is your sapphire perfectly round? It''ll be easier to disguise if it''s not without the airline.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like airlines for smaller stones but it's just a personal preference. Is the BK setting all in yellow? The details in the style of the BK looks more fluid compared to the Stuller but maybe it's just a bad picture.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving- I think my sapphire is perfectly round the stone size is 5.5mm
Chrono - yes Bev K is all yg. My stone size is 5.5 this will be for a size 4. Yeah, I see the stuller looks a bit blocky...I''ll sit on it tomorrow and then decide,

Thank you everyone for your thoughts.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I have that BK setting for my engagement ring and I can''t say enough good things about it. It''s low and comfortable, I get major compliments and I like the airline with the bezel because I can see the stone both as an individual set stone and as a part of a larger setting. With a colored stone in a diamond halo that won''t be as big of a deal as with a diamond in a diamond halo, but it is one thing I really enjoy about it.

The band on the BK setting is really small, about 1.5mm wide and tall. In real life the setting is very delicate.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I won''t make you guess which one I would choose.
35.gif

upgradablenew234.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ts44 and Uppy! I just ordered the Bev K ring
9.gif
36.gif
Pearlmans'' price was phenomenal so I jumped on it!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
YaY!!! Congrats!! And I can attest to the fact that Pearlman''s customer service is great too!! Can''t wait to see the new ring!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Bev K, definitely!!
1.gif
Please post pics when you get it.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally like the airline on small gemmies too!!

I''ve never really looked around Pearlman''s much. Are their inventory prices lower in general? Or was this a Closeout/bargain kind of thing? (ie are there any more?
11.gif
11.gif
)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2009 6:56:56 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I personally like the airline on small gemmies too!!

I''ve never really looked around Pearlman''s much. Are their inventory prices lower in general? Or was this a Closeout/bargain kind of thing? (ie are there any more?
11.gif
11.gif
)
Thanks guys!
MTG- they are having a 20% off going on right now until the end of December, Nope this is no close out.. Hope you get one too
31.gif
but they have a scheduled price increase due at the beginning of the year, guess from the precious metal skyrocketing. Do give Bill, Julian or Jason a call, they are soooo accomodating. Yes, the have fantastic customer service for sure!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
One more vote here for the Beverly K
9.gif
I am not usually a fan of airlines, but I think that''s a gorgeous setting and will look fantastic.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 6:16:51 PM
Author: D&T
Thank you Ts44 and Uppy! I just ordered the Bev K ring
9.gif
36.gif
Pearlmans'' price was phenomenal so I jumped on it!

Ohhhh good, this is what I was going to vote for too
9.gif
Great setting! And I hear wonderful things about Pearlman''s! Congrats!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Good choice on the BK, that was going to be my vote... can''t wait to see your completed ring
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was going to be my vote too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results