shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your advice on 3 colors together

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I would love to have a ring made up with the birthstones of my 3 children. The stones are Diamond, Peridot and Pink Tourmaline. I was thinking of making the main stone the pink Tourmaline (like a nice big 3+ct cushion) and have the peridot as a side stone and the diamonds on the band down the shank...maybe even halo''ing it? Not sure...this is one idea...or I can have a band made up but not sure how that would work. I just want something with their birthstones on it.

Anyway...my main Q is do you think these 3 colors can look good together? Opinions welcome
35.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, in my opinion, the colours will work very well together. I have a ring that has a pink sapphire in the middle, tsavorites around it and diamonds on the band, I love it. I will try to find a photo of it.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is. One thing to note though, the shade/tone of pink should go with the shade/tone of green, else the colours may clash.

PinkandGreen.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2009 8:21:07 AM
Author: simplysplendid
Here it is. One thing to note though, the shade/tone of pink should go with the shade/tone of green, else the colours may clash.
That''s really cool! I''s go for a shocking pink with very light green so it won''t look too Christmassy.
9.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock

thanks so much for posting a pic...it's hard to get an idea of colors together and you have all 3...great!

I have to check on the diff. shades of the pinks and greens in person

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi,

The pink and green will go well together. I would consider using several small diamonds, maybe two as accent stones. Peridot can range towards an olive color that might be harder to match well with a pink. I''d suggest finding the peridot first then matching a pink tourmaline to the peridot, you''ll have much more flexibility in the pinks. It does depend on the setting too.

Here are two artists with wonderful work, and two completely different styles. What they have in common is the ability create wonderful pieces in colored stone.

http://www.antelman.com/gallery/index.html

http://gordonaatlo.com/gallery/rings/

Jeff

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I think they go really well together. Here''s mine with a peridot center and pink tourmaline sides and small diamond accents.

176610655_a48e5a9a0f_m.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I prefer that, when there''s more than 2 colors in a piece of jewellery, they''re all lighter in tone - in such a case there''s the smallest risk of colors clashing. And in terms of design, there''s a lot of things that can be done; a three stone bypass ring, then the one where the three stones are forming a triangle, then the one where they''re on top of one another (largest at one end, smallest at the other), or even a chanel set band with three rows of stones in three colors. Those are just some ideas. Hope this helps.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 8:40:48 AM
Author: Kismet
I think they go really well together. Here''s mine with a peridot center and pink tourmaline sides and small diamond accents.

oh your ring is beautiful! thanks for posting a pic. Never thought the peridot as a center..but it works!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 8:36:28 AM
Author: Jeffrey Hunt
Hi,

The pink and green will go well together. I would consider using several small diamonds, maybe two as accent stones. Peridot can range towards an olive color that might be harder to match well with a pink. I''d suggest finding the peridot first then matching a pink tourmaline to the peridot, you''ll have much more flexibility in the pinks. It does depend on the setting too.

Here are two artists with wonderful work, and two completely different styles. What they have in common is the ability create wonderful pieces in colored stone.

http://www.antelman.com/gallery/index.html

http://gordonaatlo.com/gallery/rings/

Jeff

thanks for listing some artists!
35.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a very pretty ring!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 8:23:33 AM
Author: Chrono

That''s really cool! I''s go for a shocking pink with very light green so it won''t look too Christmassy.
9.gif
Yeah I agree. When I shared the idea to mix the pink and the green with the jeweler that set my ring, he thought I was mad.
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

9.gif
I ditto Chrono,

Kismet,, such a pretty ring.. do you have a thread for it? sorry threadjack over

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet,
That''s a lovely combo and setting. Very pretty.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 8:54:09 AM
Author: D&T

9.gif
I ditto Chrono,

Kismet,, such a pretty ring.. do you have a thread for it? sorry threadjack over

yes I would love to see a thread on that ring too! It''s really beautiful!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 8:59:29 AM
Author: atroop711
Date: 7/3/2009 8:54:09 AM

Author: D&T

9.gif
I ditto Chrono,

yes I would love to see a thread on that ring too! It''s really beautiful!

Thanks! The original thread was done when we were allowed to insert pictures from outside website so all my pictures linked to my flickr account are now just red xs. There''s
this thread though.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
All,

Some lovely stones and exceptional cutting on Dan Stair''s site.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I adore pink and green together, but in the paler shades. It''s a Caribbean sort of look.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I really love that color combination and have something very similar that I want to put together. Here are my pics for reference:

tsav-set_016-1.jpg
_spinel_005.jpg

The green is from the tsav suite I just purchased from Barry but they are for color reference only. I''m on the lookout for demantoids in that exact shade. I want them to be on either side of this pink mahenge spinel. I think they look delish together. Even DH says that they looked like candy when I had them lined up in my hand.
9.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Pink and green is one of my favourite colour combos! I think it will be great. But as others said, get the shades right.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''m a pink/green fan myself (and in fact used it for my wedding
3.gif
). Beautiful examples, kismet and simply. They look so summery and fresh!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2009 4:45:05 PM
Author: Richard W. Wise
All,

Some lovely stones and exceptional cutting on Dan Stair's site.
I'm not crazy about the colors and cutting on several of them listed right now on the front page, but JMO. Dark grey spinels and sapphires, pale washed out amethyst, and brownish pink tourmalines (he mentions they pretty much all go peachy in incandescents, which is not a true pink in all lighting). Not my cupt of tea. That octagon tourmaline, although it has nice color, has a huge tilt window on it. JMO. You can get vallejo916 gems with the same quality of color and probably slightly better cutting for much less $$$. I think Dan probably cuts some decent stones and beautiful stones, but I suspect he's not cutting all of them. Certain ones I'm just not crazy about from the photographs.

I prefer Barry of Acstones.com overall cutting and color, and occasionally, you can find a true pink tourmaline from him that doesn't shift color. You can also find very expertly cut stones on Precisiongem.com. I know you also buy stones from Gene, like Widget's paraiba, so I'm surprised you didn't mention him.

I also like the pink/green combination. I think Moh_10 wants to do a pink/green combo with diamonds. I love the idea.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone in SMTR had a mother''s ring made with those three stones, and used a lovely swirly Beverly K Band and just had it modifed to swap our some of the diamonds for peridots and pink tourmalines. It was GORGEOUS, and because all of the stones were the same size, no one''s birthstone was the "headliner", if that makes sense.

I can''t remember who it belongs to, but let me see if I can find it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another pink/green fan here. LTP, that ring you''re thinking of sounds really pretty!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love the pink/green/diamond combo. I am making a set of stacking rings with a coral pink stone and a light green stone and they look really nice together. I also like LTP idea of a band. Or, if you can find something like this, a band that looks like a vine. The pink stone could be the "flowers" green stone the "leaves" and the diamonds can be worked in :).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results