shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Valentines Day Gift Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
HELP!!!

He''s so hard to figure out gifts for, and isn''t into many of the typical "guy valentine gifts" that would come to mind. He doesn''t really care about clothes, he doesn''t drink alcohol, he doesn''t wear cologne, he doesn''t golf, he wouldn''t wear a watch....the list goes on and on! My co-workers were suggesting things this AM and I had to shoot whole categories down one after another like this.

What do I do!?!?!

I was thinking experiences are good, maybe I''ll get him a skydiving lesson or something like that.

I just don''t know, but want to do something thoughtful.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP3 player?

TiVo?

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Does he have an Apple IPOD or mini-IPod? You could get accessories or music download gift card.

Or maybe sign him up for Napster, where you pay I think $15 a month and download as many songs as you want.

Experiences: I''ve heard that hang gliding is also really fun.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Experiences or lessons are always cool gifts....in major metropolitan areas there are usually car rental agencies that specialize in "dream cars" for a day or weekend, guys seem to like that kind of thing...concert tickets go over well...or how about a tatoo?!
25.gif
he won''t forget that gift!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I guess for Valentines day I''m more into sentimental things or things you can do together...so yeah, like a lesson or some other sort of experience. The hang gliding or sky diving would be fun to do together...but my bf would LOVE me if I got him that dream car rental. I saw that on the Newly Weds once! Along the same lines, my brother is a car fanatic and every year for his bday part of his ''present'' is that he and my dad go to some ritzy dealership to test drive the cars. ANyway, Vday, for me, is a holiday to celebrate being a couple, not for material things. But of course, who would turn down an iPod or Tivo
3.gif
Not me! This year my "Valentines Day" (March 4 = my night, March 6 = his night) will be celebrated by each of us planning a night for each other. I bought him a new outfit for the evening (I hate his khakis so it was a good way to work a pair i liked into his wardrobe) and I have a whole night out planned and then a fun package of things for when we get back to his place...a game, some other fun things, the obligatory cheesey silk boxers, bubble bath, candles, champagne, and i picked up a pair of champagne flutes from target, hehe, with hearts at the bases and the flutes coming out of the hearts. Sorta cheesey, but it''ll be fun for the night
1.gif
I don''t know what he has planned for his night, but I''m happy with how mine is coming out. And now...all that''s left is convince his roommate that that night he should spend at his gf''s
2.gif

I think the lessons sound like a lot of fun though, so maybe go for that, especially if it is something he''s been wanting to do.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys.....

I think I-Pods and TIVOs are the 2 best gifts out there right now...but, we have 2 of each in this house already!

I wonder if he''d be into the car thing, that''s something I never would have thought of. He''s not a car fanatic, but would probably enjoy that.... What a GREAT gift for a real car fanatic though! That one is definitely fun and sexy...

I''m going to look up concert tickets, and do more research into the whole skydiving thing - problem there is that I don''t really want to skydive, but I think it would be weird to just give it to him and not share the experience. I''m kind of afraid of heights.
We did do power assisted hanggliding / ultralight flying in Hawaii and it was AMAZING. That''s kind of what got me started on the whole thrill seeking / activity thing as a gift this time. But then I was thinking that maybe that is more the type of thing to do on vacation and a weird thing to give as a gift now...

I don''t know!

Thanks for the ideas though, feel free to keep em coming. And I will let you all know what I end up doing.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and fountainfairfax, I lived right near the corner of Sunset and Fairfax for several years recently - Orange Grove Ave, just behing that Bristol Farms to be specific!

dancinbaby

Rough_Rock
How about a couple''s massage or spa treatment....Some spa''s have a combo of mineral bath, cold plunge, and sauna in one room...followed by a massage...ooh! that way you can enjoy "his" gift as well!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
You get something from Victoria''s Secret and it coud be a gift for both of you.

I usually get him some cute v-day boxers, an outfit from VS, lots of chocolate (he loves it), a sweet card telling him how much I love him, etc...and then a few other things if I know there is something he wants.

Oh and my other favorite...you can always cook a gourmet dinner for him...

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
One thing I''ve done in the past is a coupon book full of things like:

1. Get out of housework free for a day (often used on major TV sports days!)
2. Dinner by me--you choose the menu
3. Night of your fantasy
4. Call in sick card for my work or family party (I cover for him while get does something fun)
5. Foot massage on call

etc. of course they can get a little more risque but I''m not going to print them here. Use your imagination.
23.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Lots of great ideas!! I''m trying to come up with something for my bf too! I love the skydiving idea -- if he would be into it. I''ve done it twice and it''s just the most amazing great time ever!!! A friend of ours bought her husband some kind of "Kyle Petty Racing Experience" -- not sure what that means, but I think he got to actually drive a race car or something like that..... I''ll see what else I can find out. That would be fun...but probably expensive too! Keep the ideas coming!!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
I just found this -- los angeles is listed on several (but not all) of the options......maybe he would like one of these "experiences": http://www.greatamericandays.com/search.php?category=driving

Editing to Add that I just realized the website has tons of other options besides driving!!! in fact, for $995 you can purchase an experience in a fighter plane!!! OMG my bf would love that.....can't afford it right now -- but definitely at some point I'm going to have to check that out.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think this has been mentioned, but can be quite fun for both of you. Check into your local Flight Schools where you would go for flight lessons. Most of these schools offer what is called a "familiarization flight" or "discovery flight" to see if you actually like flying and want to take lessons. Or sometimes they offer a sightseeing tour and it's not very expensive, most of the time less than $100. Your boyfriend/fiance/husband actually gets to sit up front and the pilot in the other seat and they will allow him to take the controls and fly the plane, all while you are in the back snapping photos.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Sky diving and flight school. I swear you girls are like SUPERWOMEN! I''m scared of planes..... I bought my boyfriend (and me
11.gif
) some lingerie and a playstation game (I know, I know, what is he? Twelve?) but it''s a game I needed to get special ordered so I know he''ll like it.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
If you have TiVo and an Ipod, might I recommend the XM MyFi?

http://www.myradiostore.us/portable/myfi-sa10113.html

This is probably my most-used gift ever, and runs a close second to our TiVo in usefulness. Portable satellite radio that you can wear, plug into your car, or hook up to your home sound system. I LOVE mine. And I don't have to spend time downloading music, haha!!
2.gif

We have the Bondurant school of racing here... I know my fh would just flip if I could pay for a weekend class for him. Do you have anything like that around?

Or maybe rent a couple four-wheelers for the weekend?

I love the skydiving/flight school ideas. That's something we've got on our to-do list for "someday".
9.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
SJS, that site is AMAZING! They have a weightless flight where you wear space suits and are in zero gravity conditions for like $3500 each. Oh, and it''s also in Florida. I emailed my BF and told him that''s what I wanted for V-Day. Ha! Talk about disposable income, but if we had more, weird stuff like that is TOTALLY what we''d spend it on...

GG, thanks for the XM idea, I''ve been wanting it for myself! I am considering that, but I think I''d like it more than him, and end up asking to borrow it all the time.

I think I''m going to get him a small group of naughty things - lingerie for myself, etc, and something wholesome like a skydiving lesson or something nice we do together.

The homecooked meals are also an awesome idea, but I can''t cook AT ALL. If I actually even heat food up at home (leftovers or a frozen meal) that''s "cooking" to me. Usually, it''s cereal for dinner! How pathetic is that. Just not one of my interests. Maybe sometime as a gift to him I''ll get myself some cooking lessons!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if you have a Whole Foods store near you, but they do some awesome dinner classes...I took an Asian cooking class and we made a whole meal! Definitely fun to do together at some point!!!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Yep, we have Whole Foods, and also Bristol Farms which is a little gourmet food store with great cooking classes from what I hear. Def putting it on my list of things I should do someday. Sometimes I get genuinely embarassed about my total and complete lack of cooking skills. Usually it''s funny/cute and we joke about it, but other times I honestly feel defective!

In other news, I went to Hustler Hollywood after work today and picked up some fun v-day gifts that I KNOW he''ll like ( I won''t get specific on a public forum of course!) Now I just have to figure out the innocent/wholesome half of the equation!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Well, its not cooking lessons, but could be fun to pick up some stuff for the evening. All the whole foods stores by me are having an aphrodisiac day on the 12th, where they''re featuring different dishes and stuff like that during the afternoon. I''m sure they would have stuff premade or give you ideas of things you could order for a fun dinner. I don''t know if they''re having that in every store? Or just a few, but thought I''d mention it.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Too bad you don''t Central Market in your area, b/c they have couples cooking classes (and several for this weekend), that are really yummy and wine is served.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results