shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some design help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I need some help with figuring out what to do with a set of 3 amethysts that I have. All 3 are emerald cut. I''m not 100% sure of the size, but I think the larger one is around 4 or 5 carats. The 2 smaller ones are around 3 cts each maybe? I did contact Julia Kay Taylor as I know I want them set in silver. This was a rather cheap purchase off a friend who bought them years ago and never set them. They are a nice shade of medium purple.

Does anyone have any ideas? I would do either a pendant with all three or a pendant/ earring combo or a ring/ earring combo. Typically when I start a project I have inspiration pictures and pretty much exactly what I''m going for. Here I''m totally lost.

Thanks in advance!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone like "H" except obviously without the diamonds. I would bezel the amethyst. Ideas?

Sorry to whoever I took this photo from. I apologize- I hope you don''t mind!

OptionHlike.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I quite like C and think it could look realy neat with emeral shaped amethysts, maybe E-W set?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H is very antique inspired; is that the style you prefer? Personally, since all 3 are large stones, I'd do a earring/pendant set. The earring have to be dangle due to their size, and will go well with a dangle style pendant. A earring/ring combo will be great too if you don't wear pendants often. A stone is a ring is seen more often by the wearer as opposed to a pendant.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to what Chrono said. While I was reading the original post I started to have a "mental image" of the stones and the pieces I think they would look good in, and H is the closest to my idea. Exclude the diamond halo and imagine a metal ball instead of the diamond above, and you have what I envisioned. Would work great with dangle post earrings (like this: http://www.jewelryadviser.com/images/227491-2-1.jpg but with a different shape of stones and multiple little chains) and such a pendant/earrings set would be the most cost-effective option. But if cost is not an issue, you can certainly go with a ring/earrings set, or even a necklace with all three, but that could really turn out to be somewhat costly due to all the metal necessary to hold such large stones in a single piece.

RockHuntin

Rough_Rock
Those were actually my sketches, but I would have to agree with Chrono and Ma Re; having three large amethysts presents a good opportunity to design a set (either earring/ring or earring/pendant). Must get back to studying . . .

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 4:40:36 PM
Author: RockHuntin
Those were actually my sketches, but I would have to agree with Chrono and Ma Re; having three large amethysts presents a good opportunity to design a set (either earring/ring or earring/pendant). Must get back to studying . . .

ditto -- sound like a perfect opportunity for a set!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love H - think it''s going to a beautiful pendant/earring set if you choose to go that way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results