shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcchef

Rough_Rock
I have to choose between the following three princess-cut diamonds. The first one is $1000 over my budget, while the latter two are at the maximum of my budget. Could you let me know whether you think the first one is that much better than the other two, assuming all ratios and percentages are equal. Also, of the latter two, which one do you think is better?

1) 1.51 carats, E, VS2 ($1000 over budget)

2) 1.51 carats, H, VS2 (at max of budget)

3) 1.51 carats, E, SI1 (at max of budget)

Again, assuming all ratios and percentages are the same, do you think 1) is that much better than 2) and 3) so as to be worth an extra $1000?

Do you think 2) or 3) is better?

Thank you for your help.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
I would go for number 3. Color over clarity, assuming the S1 is eye clean.
Good luck!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2005 4:05:28 PM
Author:kcchef
I have to choose between the following three princess-cut diamonds. The first one is $1000 over my budget, while the latter two are at the maximum of my budget. Could you let me know whether you think the first one is that much better than the other two, assuming all ratios and percentages are equal. Also, of the latter two, which one do you think is better?

1) 1.51 carats, E, VS2 ($1000 over budget)

2) 1.51 carats, H, VS2 (at max of budget)

3) 1.51 carats, E, SI1 (at max of budget)

Again, assuming all ratios and percentages are the same, do you think 1) is that much better than 2) and 3) so as to be worth an extra $1000?

Do you think 2) or 3) is better?

Thank you for your help.
hey kcchef
35.gif
welcome to ps!
i am wondering why should we assume that everything else is the same on these when in all likelihood they are not? have you seen them? if so, go with what looks best within your budget.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
IF all cut was equal (and that is a major assumption), I would go for number three assuming the SI1 is eye clean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results