shape
carat
color
clarity

need some advice-Radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sk27

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,
I was hoping to get some thoughts and advice on this Radiant cut stone that a jeweler has showed me- The specifics are both GIA
7.19x6.56x5.27
2.19 carats
depth 80.3
table 71
girdle thin to medium
culet none
polish excellent
symmetry very good
clarity VS1
Color E
no fluoresence
price- $19000 or

a D SI1 VG VG 2.23 medium girdle no Fl 65 depth 65 table for $20500
which one is better, both are visully nice, just concerned about the 80% depth

sk27

Rough_Rock
sorry forgot to put the dimensions for the second one, D SI1 which I do not have but it is 1-1.20 ratio
thanks

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to welcome you to PS
35.gif

I''m not that familiar with Radiant''s, but that depth does sound a bit deep. Typically on any stone you don''t want the carat weight to be eaten up in depth. But again, I''m not that familiar with what''s good or not good on Radiants. I would recommend you read the tutorials on this forum (they''re fantastic and will give you really sage advice about cut). For any fancy cut, such as a Radiant, numbers don''t tell the complete story. It appears you have seen them in person and they''re pretty to your eyes. That''s good. I''d also use the Pricescope Your Stone feature above to see if you''re being quoted reasonable pricing for the stones.

I''m sure other more Radiant Knowledgeable PS''ers will chime in when they see this.

Good luck........

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
If I had to choose one, definitely the second one. The first one is way too deep. The second one looks pretty good by the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results