shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Solitare Setting Right Away

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
I bought a loose diamond last week and love it. Now I need a solitare setting. I''ve went to a couple of online stores, but the two I visited want you to pick out a diamond after you select your setting.

Need something in stock that can ship out immediately. I would greatly appreciate your recommendations. FYI, the place I purchased the loose stone from does not have settings onhand.

Kevin

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try wink jones and did you try Whiteflash?. Both companies carry stock settings. Do you have someone to set the stone once you recieve the setting?

ETA: i would also suggest calling vendors this time a year. emails could very well get lost in the masses or might take a while for a response.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2005 8:48:47 AM
Author:kevinyonker

Now I need a solitaire setting.
You also need someone to set your stone... better the same that sells the setting, IMO.

Any chance this could be a custom ring? Many custom jewelers take in clients'' diamonds to set. Shops that also sell diamonds may not be as keen. This does not refer to the two shops mentioned in the previous post: I do not know if WF does set clients'' stones, Wink has done that for a few posters.

My 2c

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
Valeria101,

I agree that it is best to buy the setting from the jeweler who you are wanting to set the diamond. However, the solitare setting selections in my area are nowhere near what you can find online. I did not compromise on the diamond, but perhaps I can find a size 5 setting that I might not love, but at least like at a local jeweler. I really should support my local retailers. so...off to the mall I go.

thanks,

Kevin

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2005 10:11:02 AM
Author: kevinyonker

I agree that it is best to buy the setting from the jeweler who you are wanting to set the diamond.

''Guess so, but my previous post meant that the seller of the setting should be the one to set your diamond. It could be a third person easily, if you buy a loose diamond and an empty setting of the net then go to a local shop to have them put together (it has been done). But then there are a few issues to solve - e.g finding out if the setting fits the stone in advance, and it may happen that a local jeweler would not agree to do this.
If you look over the forum (esp. ''Show Me the Ring''), you may find that quite a few Pricescopers sent their diamonds
32.gif
off to jewelers to have them set. And this is what I was thinking about...

However, the solitaire setting selections in my area are nowhere near what you can find online.

No wonder... everyone is online these days
9.gif

I did not compromise on the diamond, but perhaps I can find a size 5 setting that I might not love, but at least like at a local jeweler. I really should support my local retailers. so...off to the mall I go.

Are the Mall jewelers ''local''? Some of these chain stores may even sell around here (Bucharest), and I''d never call them ''local'' for that much
2.gif

Anyway... it may be more convenient to have the ring done locally (try things on, what not). Which settings did you like online? If they come of catalogs of semifinished jewelry chances are a local jeweler could get the same ones for you. And otherwise, almost anything can be made in a custom version. Sometimes for less than designer lines run and by no means worse.

My 2c
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Depending on what you have in mind, the Stuller catalogue has probably 100 solitaire settings. Most any jeweler can order from it. it seems to be pretty good quality for mass produced stuff, and fairly priced. You might select the local store with the best reputation for customer service and good bench setting work, and have them order the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results