shape
carat
color
clarity

need ring assesment if possible??

jc7931

Rough_Rock
My name is Joe and I'm looking to get the best assessment you can from pictures. I obtained it from my mother and she said it was pretty old. might have to be buffed and shined up a bit but, l'll see what the forum says about lt. I appreciate any feedback I receive. Thank you for helping me out in advance.

_3658.jpg

_3659.jpg

_3660.jpg

_3661.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joe, that is a beautiful ring!!!! It looks very special and in nice condition! How fortunate you are to have such a family heirloom! It looks like it might have an old European diamond in it. I'd just be sure a jeweler checks it for you to be sure it is secure in the setting. You'd get more replies probably in the Rocky Talky section, but I am not sure people can tell a lot more without more close-up pictures.

Suranas_Jewelove

Rough_Rock
Trade
That is a beautiful ring jc!
How many mm is the stone?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Welcome. We won't be able to tell you much from pictures as we can't confirm that the stone is diamond, what color it is, or how included. For the metal, does it have any hallmarks (14KT for example) that can help you determine if it is gold?

Your best bet is to bring it to a skilled independent appraiser if you want a full assessment. If you don't want to do that, you will have to do the legwork yourself. I would at least go to someone who can tell you if it is a diamond, but I would not take them at their word about the value. Based on the diameter, color, and clarity of the stone, you can determine it's approximate value by looking at comparable diamonds online. Resale value of diamonds is about 50-60% of the price when bought "new" from a store.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results