shape
carat
color
clarity

Need reassurance, please...re: James Allen

Glam68

Rough_Rock
I ordered a ring and received notification that it will be delayed as they have to make a new wax mold to better accommodate my center stone. Just need reassurance that they are compatible and it's going to look good.

The stone is a 3.13 carat...8.70 x 7.10 mm pink sapphire. The setting is double halo with split shank band.

Screenshot_2017-03-12-21-06-00-1.png

Bex

Shiny_Rock
Can you still pull the plug at this point? I'm worried that the sapphire won't sparkle nearly as much as the halo, since there is a pretty big window in the middle. It might look dull by comparison.

Glam68

Rough_Rock
Can you still pull the plug at this point? I'm worried that the sapphire won't sparkle nearly as much as the halo, since there is a pretty big window in the middle. It might look dull by comparison.
Thanks for your reply, Bex! It's back in production at this point. I do realize it's not going to sparkle as much as the diamonds, but I fell for the color and cushion cut. I'm more concerned that it will fit in the setting properly.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get the sapphire first to see it before you ordered the ring? If not then that colour can be a lot darker in real life than in photos, just be aware of that.

Glam68

Rough_Rock
Did you get the sapphire first to see it before you ordered the ring? If not then that colour can be a lot darker in real life than in photos, just be aware of that.
No, thanks for the heads up!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should actually get the centre stone sent to you to make sure you like it first and then make the ring to avoid any possible disappointment.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Arkieb.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
+2 please view the stone first to be absolutely sure. Coloured stones are so different under various light sources.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+3. The stone looks quite dark (more purple than pink) and poorly cut with a large window. You could probably get a better sapphire for your money. It would be advisable to see it in person to make sure you love it first before committing to it. JA is not known for its colored gems, they're more of a diamond vendor.

Thanks, machiko, I was wondering if I am seeing wrong: that is a terrible window isn't it? And dito on the color. If so sad on photo, it will be even worse in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results