shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED QUICK HELP - Calling Tacori and all BOB stroller owners

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hey there guys! I am going to be driving about an hour and a half this afternoon to pick out a jogging stroller. I really am thinking Bob or baby jogger based on reviews. I would use it for walking/jogging/running maybe 3 miles tops! I'd like the wheels to be a little more all - terrain but not anything crazy. I'd like a front tray but no biggie if it doesn't have it. It would be nice if the front wheel could be fixed but could be unfixed as well. I really would like to stay under $400. Tacori, what model do you own? Do you like it? Anyone have any recommendations!!! Thanks for your help!!!

EDIT - Ok, quick edit here...I just came back from a walk with my 18 month old and my hubby and the more we think about it, we feel we may be better off buying a two seater or a stroller that can be adapted to a two seater. We are planning on TTC after the holidays and the more I think about it, I would hate to buy a $300 stroller to then turn around and buy a new two seater. So I am thinking that I would like one that looks like a one seater for now but is or can be a two seater down the road. I just don't want to walk around with a visibly obvious two seater with only one baby!!! Ha!! Anyways, I know Phil and Ted's makes one like this....any other thoughts...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: NEED QUICK HELP - Calling Tacori and all BOB stroller ow

Hey there! I own this one http://www.rei.com/product/750868 in the chocolate/blue combo. I LOVE it. The front wheel does fix if you want it to. It does not have a tray but pockets on the side. Has never been a problem for us. I picked it over the baby jogger b/c I preferred the fold on the BOB and also it has better resale value where I live. The BOB is so smooth, so easy to push (even when your toddler is 30+ lbs). You can go anywhere (grass, uneven pavement) Let me know if you have any other questions! Very exciting!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Hey Tacori! Thanks for stopping in! We must have been typing at the same time when I did my edit to my original post! Can yours be adapted to a two seater at all? Any advice for me? Go with a one seater to start? So confused....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

You can't add a jump seat but they make boards (can't remember the exact term) so your older child can stand in front of you but ride (if that makes any sense). I know people like phil and ted's. Not sure they are a TRUE jogging stroller safety wise but I am not sure. Some market themselves as a jogger but aren't. Just something to keep in mind since you are a runner.

ETA: having a child so close to the ground and running would make me nervous but hopefully a p&t owner will chime in.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Tacori, I really like your revolution and it has a nice canopy which is awesome! Do you use it for running/jogging at all? It looks like the wheels are good for outside but not overly big like some of the jogging strollers are?

I'll have to look into those boards you are referencing. I am so torn on what to do. I am not a huge runner or anything but I'd like to at least be ABLE to jog or run occasionally, which I cannot do now at all. My son is in the Chicco Discovery Travel System stroller right now (I know you used to own that one as well) and there is no way I can use it for jogging or any hiking at all. The wheels just arent made for that. The Phil and Ted's is SUPER expensive too. I dunno. I think I may just drive down to BABY USA and check out the options and maybe just go ahead with the Revolution (but order it from REI if Baby USA doesn't price match). Not sure if you are planning on having more children or not, but if you are would you just buy another Bob's but in a two seater later on? Maybe that would be best for me instead of trying to get a two seater now. Ay ay ay...I just need to make a decision! But today is the day!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am not wild abotu the Phil and Ted's after I saw it, though a sort of all terrain stroller it is not a joging stroller.

I have the BOB revolution and DH and I run about 12-16KM per week with it and our toddler on cement and also trails and we LOVE it. When we have another kid, we will be selling our BOB and then buying the double BOB for running. Can you find a single BOB used? We paid about $200 for our BOB uses and can probably sell it for close to that when the time comes. So little loss there.

In your shoes I would buy the BOB revolution single new and then plan to sell it when number 2 comes along.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

By the time I have another (if I do) I doubt my DD will be willing to sit in a stroller. Even now it is a struggle. Haha. Have you looked for used ones on CL? I have a friend who hates having a double stroller so much (her daughters are only a year and a half apart) so she wears the youngest and pushes the oldest. Love the canopy. It is huge and one of the reasons I went with the BOB. I added big clips so when we go shopping I can carry more bags b/c the basket is smaller than the chicco (but I hate that stroller).

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D said:
I am not wild abotu the Phil and Ted's after I saw it, though a sort of all terrain stroller it is not a joging stroller.

I have the BOB revolution and DH and I run about 12-16KM per week with it and our toddler on cement and also trails and we LOVE it. When we have another kid, we will be selling our BOB and then buying the double BOB for running. Can you find a single BOB used? We paid about $200 for our BOB uses and can probably sell it for close to that when the time comes. So little loss there.

In your shoes I would buy the BOB revolution single new and then plan to sell it when number 2 comes along.

Thanks Dreamer! The more I think about it, I think the single is the way to go. You are right I should be able to get a decent chunk of change back if I sell it down the road. Thanks so much for your feedback on the Revolution!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Tacori E-ring said:
By the time I have another (if I do) I doubt my DD will be willing to sit in a stroller. Even now it is a struggle. Haha. Have you looked for used ones on CL? I have a friend who hates having a double stroller so much (her daughters are only a year and a half apart) so she wears the youngest and pushes the oldest. Love the canopy. It is huge and one of the reasons I went with the BOB. I added big clips so when we go shopping I can carry more bags b/c the basket is smaller than the chicco (but I hate that stroller).

I remember you saying you hated your Chicco. I don't hate mine but I really don't have anything to compare it to! Once I get a Bob, I'm sure I will hate it too! I was just looking at REI and it is on sale for $329 but in order to get free shipping I would have to pay the $20 membership fee (otherwise shipping is $43.99) :shock: However we are probably going to head to USA Baby today who does not have it on sale so the price is $389.99. So basically $40 difference. I may just end up buying at USA Baby today if they have it. I think I like the orange color. I might even ask about price matching and see if they will honor REI's cost. Who knows? One thing I noticed is that the Revolution doesn't appear to have cup holders. Did you get any attachments for that? Also, what big clips did you get for shopping trips? I am a shopper so I need clips/storage!!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Dreamer and Tacori! I just bought the orange Bob Revolution at REI. I also bought the handlebar console so that I can have water bottles and cups there. http://www.rei.com/product/710206

Should be arriving 10/22, I'll keep you posted! Hopefully, I'll get some use out of it before the snow hits us here in Massachusetts!!!

Thanks so much for your help!!!!! :wavey:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

The membership fee is a one time thing. If you want to avoid it maybe you have a friend that has it? I bought two of the largest mountain climbing clips they sold at REI. I know they have something called the "mommy clips" that is basically the same thing but more expensive. The basket isn't bad but not what I was used to with the chicco. I only use the clips when we walk to the store. For cups I used a something similar to this http://sippystuff.com/products/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=41 Once you go with the BOB you will NEVER be able to push the chicco again ;)) Check out buy buy baby too. They have 20% off coupons all the time. Not sure if the BOBs are included with those.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

lizzy, we were posting at the same time. I have the console too. I like it. How exciting! I hope you love it as much as the rest of us!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Tacori E-ring said:
lizzy, we were posting at the same time. I have the console too. I like it. How exciting! I hope you love it as much as the rest of us!

I'm sure I will! Thanks so much Tacori!!! I'm glad you like the console too! Little man is still napping, guess I better stop shopping and do some dishes!!!! Thanks again!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

lizzyann01 said:
Tacori E-ring said:

I'm sure I will! Thanks so much Tacori!!! I'm glad you like the console too! Little man is still napping, guess I better stop shopping and do some dishes!!!! Thanks again!

We also have the console and it is great. Depending on the weather where you live, you might also consider the rain shield. It works really well, we use it a lot in our climate.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D said:

This is pretty much exactly what we are doing. I love my BOB exvolution with 12 inch wheels. We plan on #2 sometime next year and this is exactly what we will do.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D said:
lizzyann01 said:
Tacori E-ring said:

We also have the console and it is great. Depending on the weather where you live, you might also consider the rain shield. It works really well, we use it a lot in our climate.

Thanks for the tip Dreamer! I may pick up the rain shield as it would probably help on windy days too!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

I know you already ordered it, but the bumbleride indie might be a good option for you as well.

I'm a BOB owner and still love it.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Thanks TGal! I'm glad you like your BOB!

I am starting to get a little concerned about the fact that my son won't have his own tray and cupholder though. Are there any adapters/accessories for that? What do you guys do with snacks for them? I already ordered the console for my cupholder that is up near the strollers handles.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

lizzyann01 said:

I am starting to get a little concerned about the fact that my son won't have his own tray and cupholder though. Are there any adapters/accessories for that? What do you guys do with snacks for them? I already ordered the console for my cupholder that is up near the strollers handles.

I don't own a bob but yes, there are snack trays available for sale. My umbrella did not come with a tray so we purchased one at Wal-Mart that attaches to the side of her stroller.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

fiery said:
lizzyann01 said:

I don't own a bob but yes, there are snack trays available for sale. My umbrella did not come with a tray so we purchased one at Wal-Mart that attaches to the side of her stroller.

Oh great to hear! Thanks fiery! I was thinking I had to get a BOB branded one but I am definitely going to try Walmart! Was it in store or online?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

It was in store but I'm sure they sell them online too.

This is the one I have (by Fisher Price). It can be adjusted to fit your stroller or carseat and comes with an extra pod for snacks. I'm sure Bob sells something similar.

fisher_price_snack_pod.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Oh, I like that one Fiery! Can your daughter reach it easily when she is sitting in her stroller? Does the snack pod stay put in there? I know my son and he'll keep taking out the whole thing instead of just his snack!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Yes she can! She just reaches over and grabs what she wants. The pod stays pretty firmly inside.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I just give him a cup to hold with snacks if he needs them.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D said:

Me too. Amelia never used one. Just gave her a snack trap or a ziploc bag (when she got older) of snacks. The snack trap I just used those toy links to keep secured to the stroller.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D said:

Ya, we're working on that Dreamer and T-Gal, but he's a cup thrower!!!! He eats what he wants then chucks it! Same for cups right now too! He drinks, then throws it! He's 18 months old, hopefully he'll grow out of it soon, but in the meantime, I need something more permanently attached!! Toy links may work though T-Gal!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

S is the same way. She either throws it on the ground or she likes to hide it under her so when we take her out she has crumbs and wet spots all over her bottom.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

lizzyann01 said:
Dreamer_D said:

Ya, we're working on that Dreamer and T-Gal, but he's a cup thrower!!!! He eats what he wants then chucks it! Same for cups right now too! He drinks, then throws it! He's 18 months old, hopefully he'll grow out of it soon, but in the meantime, I need something more permanently attached!! Toy links may work though T-Gal!!!

I read a tip awhile back that sounded helpful...with sippies, you can use the toy links, but get the sippies which are narrower in the middle (like munchkin). Tie a scrunchie around it (or a hairband) and then use it to attach the toy links.

Amelia went through a brief phase of that. I just didn't let her have it back. At 18 months, they are able to know what's up. At 20 months, we started using time outs for hitting or throwing anything other than balls. Worked like a charm for us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results