shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions re: new handbag plz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I really love this Kooba handbag- the "Ashley" satchel. My question is: what color do I get it in? I know black is super versatile, but is it boring? Do you think the taupe is too light for fall? Let me know what you think!!!

Here it is in black:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2973232?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=bags:women:handbag&cm_ite=kooba_''ashley''_ruched_satchel:220978&cm_ven=Froogle&mr:trackingCode=74CE8D66-4083-DD11-98CA-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

And here it is in taupe:

http://www.ssense.com/Kooba-Women-Bags__and__Wallets/Kooba_Ashley_Taupe_Handbag/6829&source=5&keyword=6829

Thanks so much in advance!!!!
2.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Black is super versatile but I say go for the taupe. I think it works fine for the fall and I always find that bags in colors other than black show their details more, does that make sense??
That''s my 2cents.
Either way it is a gawgeous purse!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Butterfly . . . BEAUTIFUL bag, but I think it looks much better in the taupe. And I don''t think the taupe is too light for fall AT ALL! If it were me, I would probably carry the taupe bag more often, since I don''t usually wear a whole lot of black . . . I think the taupe can be just as versatile as the black in other words.
21.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will just fix the links -

http://www.ssense.com/Kooba-Women-Bags__and__Wallets/Kooba_Ashley_Taupe_Handbag/6829&source=5&keyword=6829

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2973232?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=bags:women:handbag&cm_ite=kooba_'ashley'_ruched_satchel:220978&cm_ven=Froogle&mr:trackingCode=74CE8D66-4083-DD11-98CA-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

Dani, I definitely vote for the taupe, thats a great bag! Also it will go beautifully with Fall colours such as browns, wines, golds, plums etc, and also go well with blue and black.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thanks so much guys....I love the taupe, but one of my friends told me that she thinks that it looks "richer" in black, and that the taupe looks cheaper. UGH!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Normally I would immediately say to go for the black - but you lose alot of the beautiful detailing on this purse in the black. The taupe really highlights the structure of the bag. I''d have to vote for the taupe!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the bag, I''d get it in both colors
emotion-14.gif
27.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it''s going to be a daily bag, black seems like the more practical choice, but as mentioned above, the taupe really emphasizes the detailing.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the opinions!

Just to make it more confusing, Im really liking this bag too, in the black or brown:

https://www.shopbop.com/nikki-bag-rebecca-minkoff/vp/v=1/845524441825319.htm?folderID=2534374302073392&fm=browse-category

What do you think?

Or if anyone has any other suggestions, bring them on!!!!
2.gif
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still prefer the Kooba in taupe.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 7:03:45 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Still prefer the Kooba in taupe.
Ditto.
1.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 1:44:31 PM
Author: Dani
Oh, thanks so much guys....I love the taupe, but one of my friends told me that she thinks that it looks ''richer'' in black, and that the taupe looks cheaper. UGH!
I was going to say the exact opposite. The black is pretty but reminds me of what you can find at any department store. The taupe looks more "designer" and really shows the details of the bag.

btw-I think taupe is a great fall color, especially if you tend to wear a lot of "earthy" colors.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OK, guys!!!! I know the majority of the votes went for the taupe bag, but I ended up ordering it in black....I love the taupe, but I was afraid the color would be too light, and I would obsess over keeping it clean....Also, I have several really pretty brown bags, but I dont really have any bags in black (at least ones that I would want to use now). So, I went for the black- I think it will be a little bit more versatile, especially because I do wear alot of black and darker tones in the fall/winter. I figure, if I dont like it, I could always send it back and order it in the taupe!!!!

I will try to post pics when I get it! Thanks everyone for your input!!!
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Get both!
9.gif
Post shoulder pics when you get it!

cheers--Sharon

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 10:01:38 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Get both!
9.gif
Post shoulder pics when you get it!

cheers--Sharon

I was thinking about ordering both, and then just returning one of them. Which color do you prefer, Sharon? Be honest!!!!
3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 2:12:01 PM
Normally I would immediately say to go for the black - but you lose alot of the beautiful detailing on this purse in the black. The taupe really highlights the structure of the bag. I''d have to vote for the taupe!
HI Dani:

As usual, FG hit the nail on the head.....howsoever I may prefer the taupe, if I had to choose it would be the black as I am very hard on purses, and the taupe would show wear and tear quickly. KWIM?

cheers--Sharon

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 9:37:26 AM
Author: canuk-gal
Date: 9/16/2008 2:12:01 PM

HI Dani:

As usual, FG hit the nail on the head.....howsoever I may prefer the taupe, if I had to choose it would be the black as I am very hard on purses, and the taupe would show wear and tear quickly. KWIM?

cheers--Sharon

That''s EXACTLY what I was thinking- and Im extremely anal about keeping all of my bags PERFECT.....So we''ll see when I get it if I love it or not. If I dont love it, its going back!!! Too much $$ to spend to not be completely happy!!!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I totally hear you - it''s easy for me to say ''get the taupe'' but if it were me because I wear a lot of dark colors and am worried about light colored purses I''d know the safe bet is the black.

Maybe the loss of detail is just a picture thing and when you see it IRL it will be more visible.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I like the taupe!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a lot of black bags? If it were me, I would get the taupe. I have a lot of dark/black bags, so I would get the taupe to get something a bit different.

I am really careful with my bags, so the lighter color would not bother me too much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results