shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinion on RB diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cbudianto

Rough_Rock
I''m new to the forum. I wish I had found pricescope a long time ago. I have found a ton of information about finding a good diamond and the process that goes along with it. I''m just starting on my diamond finding adventure.

I need an expert opinion on this stone. It''s a RB 3.63 ct G/SI1 - EGL Cert. The stats are:

Depth 60.1%
Table 57%
Crown Height 14%
Pavillion Depth 43%
Measurements 10.00 x 9.86 x 5.97 mm
Fluorescence Very Slight Blue
$28k

The stone scored 0.7 in the HCA calculator. But does it seem like a shallow stone? According to the vendor, the stone is very clean and the inclusion is not visible with naked eye. No black inclusion, only feathers and pinpoints. They sent me the certificate and I can''t see the inclusion on the electronic copy of the certificate. I guess I won''t know until I see the stone in person.

My other concern is the measurement. The diameter is not exactly the same but 0.2 mm shouldn''t be noticeable. But will it affect the brilliance of the diamond?

Am I getting a good price for it? Anything wrong that you experts out there can find just from looking at the stats?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Although nothing seems wrong, I think that everything is wrong.

What is most wrong is the price. It is too low. If you buy it, and everything is right, then I can sell it for you in Antwerp for a few grands more.

If the seller has a good explanation why he is selling way under the lowest possible price, you can investigate further. If not, run.

There are many possibilities what could be wrong. But believe me, something is.

Live long,

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The HCA is just a screening tool that can predict what type of performance you can expect. Generally speaking, if you get a good HCA score, the diamond will be a good performer. The HCA is much more accurate if you use angles instead of percents. Maybe you can possibly get a Sarin of the diamond and try the info again.

Do you know which EGL Lab graded the diamond. EGL USA is much more reliable. EGL in general had real problems with being lax and inconsistent. Even tho EGL USA has tightened up quite a bit in the past couple of years, EGL diamonds tend to trade at a bit of a discount. Also, don''t be surprised if you have an independent appraisal show the color and/or clarity varies by a grade. So this I/SI1 might appraise as a J/I1.

Sounds like the pinpoints may be clouds or twining wisps that aren''t illustrated on the Cert plot. As long as you don''t have clusters that will impact performance you should be OK there. But, you really want to investigate the feathers. Are they located in the body of the diamond or near the girdle. If you could get some light performance testing that would be helpful as well. An Ideal Scope image or other testing reports would be great.

There aren''t any diamonds currently available with similar specs, but the price looks to be in the ballpark when compared with others close in size, color, and clarity.
1.gif

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i agree with paul. a red flag always goes up when a seemingly wonderful......large stone is sent to egl for grading. in my experience...there is something that the manufacturer is hoping will be missed or ignored....

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
If I were you, I''d heed Paul''s advice. He''s a diamond cutter extraordinaire! If anyone knows diamond pricing, he does!
2.gif

cbudianto

Rough_Rock
I guess you''re right. There was something wrong with the diamond. When i asked the vendor why the price is so low, they responded with... the diamond''s been sold. Oh well... on to my next diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results