shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinion on Diamond I just bought

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaureenM618

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I'd just like opinions on this diamond I just bought with my BF for my engagement ring. I bought it in the NY Diamond District. It's a .52 marquise cut, GIA certified, color: E, clarity: VS2, 9.11-4.47-2.25, Grd M-VTK F, Depth: 50.3, Table: 50, cul: no, Pol: VG, Sym: VG, Flr: no. I paid $1900 total with a white gold setting with a .12 color: E baguette on each side. I hope to have pics online soon. Any info would be helpful. Thanks. I'd like to have it appraised, can anyone recommend an appraiser in the NY area.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
The depth is a bit shallow and the table is a bit small. 50.3% depth scores it as a 3B (average) on the cut class chart/ table at only 50% also scores 3B (average) on the cut class chart. I found what looks like the same diamond listed on Blue Nile loose at $1806. They gave it a fair rating. Similar size, color, and clarity diamonds ranged from 1200 to 1800 dollars on my PS search.

The important thing is that you love the diamond. Number wise the diamond is rated only as "fair", but none of that matters when you slip that ring on your finger. Diamonds really have to be seen in person. Many diamonds shouldn't be beautiful based on the numbers but alas-- they are anyway when seen in person. Congratulations!!

OldCutLover

Rough_Rock
Your price also included a setting, which accounts for part of the $1900. I, personally, don''t care about the specifics of a stone, like scores; I buy something because it "speaks" to me. That seems to be what you did, too, and that is all that matters. I think you not only did well, but you got something beautiful, and something you picked out and love.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Well, you don't mention how you feel about it. I assume you would not have bought it if you didn't love it. That's what counts. Marquises cannot be judged by numbers but that is all I have to go so I will give you my opinion on them. The diamond is very shallow and the table too small. The dimensions of the diamond are quite nice, not too fat, not too skinny. I like my marquise colorless, so an E is very nice. Is there any bowtie?

MaureenM618

Rough_Rock
I love the diamond. I looked at about 10 different ones and picked this one. Some were too skinny and didn''t widen in the middle. The other ones may have been better quality wise but I liked the way this one looked the best. I just don''t know too much about diamonds and wanted to make sure I didn''t get ripped off being a novice diamond buyer. Thanks.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the upside to the diamond is this-- because it is so shallowly cut it faces up more like a .75 stone than a .50 carat stone. Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results