shape
carat
color
clarity

Need OEC Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I blame this on all the beautiful OECs in the Antique Cuts SMTR thread. I have always admired all the OECs for years but that thread just pushed me over the edge (especially now that I have a little play money to burn). I am no novice to diamonds (rounds and step cuts) but have absolutely no ciue about OECs. Where do I read up?

1. What do I look for in OECs?
2. Is colour that obvious? Wouldn''t most people actually prefer some warmth in their OEC?
3. I''ve never seen any Polish & Symmetry better than GD/GD. Is this okay?
4. How well do inclusions show up in OECs? I know a well cut modern RB can cover quite a bit.
5. What numbers should I use to narrow the field?
6. Where else do I look for OECs other than WF and DCD?
7. Will the chunky facets show up on such a small diamond? Or should I wait and beef up my budget to get a larger stone (but I don''t want the prices to take a hike on me)?

I''ve set a budget of $1000 for the stone alone. I think I can get something around 0.4ct, G to J, VS2 to SI1/2. Am I in the ballpark?

What do you think of this one?
EGL 0.49ct I/VS2 OEC
Depth 61.2%
Table 58%
P/S Good/Good
Culet (no information but I''m sure there''s one)
Girdle Thin-Thick
Fl Med
30.gif

5.13 x 5.04 x 3.11

Please help me find a lovely OEC.
39.gif

Chrono

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results