shape
carat
color
clarity

Need new setting ideas for a princess stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nutella

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I would like to re-do my e-ring, but keep the center stone which is a princess- just shy of a carat. I am also in the midst of getting my wedding band fixed (long story form a different post)which will be 5 round stones, with a total carat weight of 1 ct.

I know that there has been some threads on mixing stones, and it was through one thread that I fell in love with Jenibear''s e-ring and wedding ring, and was gearing my rings to look like her''s (e-ring was princess with 2 rounds on each side, and wedding ring was 5 rounds)...

However, I was wondering if anybody had any input as to how else I could re-do my engagment ring (with the princess center stone) so that it flows with my wedding band with 5 rounds. From doing some quick searches on the net, I could only find the typical, 3 princesses in a row, or a princess with a trillion on each side, -and while I do think these are beautiful, I really liked the 5 round wedding band, and it is tough to match them together.
Any thoughts or pics?

nutella

Rough_Rock
Attached is a picture of my e-ring as it stands today.
You can see why it needs to be re-done (the prongs have always looked funny to me).
And try not to laugh too much- but yes those are hearts in each side- I have no idea what my husband was thinking!- But hey, at least I get to re-do it! & I just want to try an get it right this time!

closeup cropppes.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, those hearts would make a great pair of earring studs...
31.gif

Second, I''m going to bed but my first thought was to try and combine some rb stones into the band somehow, the only quick example I could readily think of is Demelza''s EC RHR, shown below.

I''ll think on it some more tomorrow!
24.gif

demelzarhr.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Those prongs are kind of funky nutella...I like the suggested setting..it incorporates rounds...that''s the only way to go I think......maybe I''d pick a thinner one if it''s too thick to wear with the band...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I guess it''s obvious from my avatar which way I would vote, LOL. I like the princess as the center stone surrounded by rounds but that''s just me. A thought I had was to alternate small rounds and princesses on the band. I don''t know how that would look, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results