shape
carat
color
clarity

Need jeans help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

I bought my first HE end pair of jeans over the weekend. I really like them a lot. They''re Joe''s jeans-the Muse style. I am normally a 0 or 2 in BR pants, a size 4 in nonvanity sized pants. I bought a size 27 and didn''t have any help from a salesperson. (thought that might be the right size) When I got the jeans home and tried them on again, I realized that they were probably too easy to get on and off and it they stretch they''ll be too big. Went back to the store, tried on the 26 and it was a little harder to get on, but not bad. The girl working there (and she was definitely a girl) suggested the 25. I tried it on, and could get into it, but it is uncomfortable in the waist and I think tight in the thighs and I feel like I look painted in it. She said that was my size and she and another girl working there both said if they saw me on the street they wouldn''t think the jeans looked too tight. They also said it might take a while for the jeans to really stretch. But my thought is, do I want to be uncomfortable wearing them while I wait for them to stretch out? I have worn them around the house and they have strtched but not much. Since they were expensive, I want to make the right decision. Sorry for the long post, but what would you do? Keep the 25 or exchange for the 26?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Oop, sorry for the couple typos. What happened to the edit feature? Am I blind and not seeing it?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been led astray by those types of salespeople more times than I can count. I was talked into my first pair of True Religions, all because the saleslady repeated over and over how much "hotter" I looked in them than the style I preferred myself. So I bought them. Know what I ended up doing two months later? Went out and bought the ones I wanted in the first place, the ones I thought I looked cuter in (and a size BIGGER than the saleslady tried to make me buy). They are still my fave pair of jeans.

Anyway, my point is that YOU know your body and what looks (and feels!) good on you. I don''t know a lot about Joe''s jeans in general, but if you felt SQUEEZED into them then they''re too tight to start. Buy them snug, which for you sounds like a 26, but not the painted-on 25!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Musey, thanks. I think I''m leaning toward getting the 26. It just doesn''t seem logical to have to be uncomfortable while waiting for the jeans to stretch out. I really do like the Joe''s though. The denim is really soft. Much softer than any other pair of jeans I have. I am probably setting a bad precedent for myself getting into expensive jeans, but oh well.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I own a couple of pairs of Joe''s.. they really don''t stretch the way I think citizen''s and some other brands do. I recommend the size you are most comfortable in.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I have a very strict rule for deciding on clothes... if I don''t like it because it is too big/ baggy/ tight/ whatever, I don''t get it. You know what you look good in, and what you are comfortable in. So I guess my advice is to trade it in for the 26.

*M*

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks OUpeargirl and Poptart. I think tomorrow back to the store I will go. Sheesh. I might as well move in there-lol.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have Joe''s jeans in the Honey style I think and they do stretch a moderate amount but not an astronomical amount! If you''re going to return the super snug ones and get the moderately snug ones you can try this to help them stretch a bit more: either use Downy Wrinkle Releaser or Febreze or just plain water to spray them down to just slightly dampen them on both sides, paying special attention to the hip/thigh/waist area, let ''em sit for a few seconds, then shake off the excess liquid and pull them on. Do a few lunges to stretch them to your form, and there you go! Works for me every time, even if I''ve over-dried them accidentally.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get the snug but not too snug ones in the Joes (26) if they were Citizens I would tell you to get the 25 because they stretch like no other...it just really depends brand by brand!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, I had to laugh about the doing the lunge part. I can just picture that-ha ha. That is a good tip though. I''ve had other jeans that I''ve forgotten about and left in the dryer too long and that sounds like it would definitely help.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2007 10:32:53 PM
Author: Cind11
Monarch, I had to laugh about the doing the lunge part. I can just picture that-ha ha. That is a good tip though. I''ve had other jeans that I''ve forgotten about and left in the dryer too long and that sounds like it would definitely help.
LOL, DH and I always make fun of each other because we both do this sometimes before going out on weekends! We hate "droopy" jeans, but we don''t want "supertight, superfreak" jeans, so we''re always making sure each other''s jeans aren''t too far either way, and we''ve devised this whole routine which we laugh moronically through every time we put on our favorite "stylish" jeans, ha! The method really does work, but it totally reminds me of when women in the 70''s used to put their jeans on wet and lay down on the bed to zip them up because they wore them so tight. (I seem to remember a commercial or movie where they did that, maybe it was Saturday Night Fever?) Anyway, that''s the image that comes to mind every time DH and I go through the routine, hee hee. Good luck with getting your perfectly fitting pair soon!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the rule with jeans with stretch in them is that they should be difficult to get on but not be uncomfortable or painful when on. but they WILL stretch. i have bought jeans before that fit perfectly in the fitting room and they stretched out to be too big later. then you have to shrink them. so if the 27 was too much like that, and 25 is too painted on, get the 26. also if they are a bit too big you CAN shrink them over time. i find that you can shrink down about one size max with jeans over time...if you continuously dry them and over dry them. but more than that, not really. if you have worn them around the house for a few hours and they are still uncomfortable, go with the 26''s.

i am about a 2-4 in old navy, banana republic, jcrew etc (vanity sizing) and more like a 6 in probably more designer sizing, and i wear a 27 or 28 in joe''s jeans. joe''s also run a size larger than a lot of other high end designers..my girlfriend wears a 25 in them and 26 in other brands. i wear a 28 in paige and a 27-28 in sevens.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gosh I had the same problem in the Marc Jacobs. 27 fell off, 25 got the raves from the salesclerks, but ended up with the 26''s becuase it is what I felt comfortable in. Too bad they are large in the waist, but it is a trade off I can live with as they fit well, IMHO, elsewhere without looking SNF. I always do the "sit down" test--and if I am not anoxic and feel I could eat a meal comfortably while wearing those jeans--then those are my clues they''ll be keepers.

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I just bought a pair of Joes'' yesterday and got a size smaller than normal. I guess from the salesperson I spoke with, that brand tends to fit a bit big. I normally wear a 25, but bought a 24. They''re being altered this week. Hopefully they''re not too tight when I get home!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak, I haven''t tried on any COH jeans, but why the heck do they make them so they stretch out so much? That would surely be confusing.

Mara, I think you must be the Queen of jeans. I''ve seen some of your other posts about them and it seems like you''ve tried on every variety. I figure I can always shrink the heck (the heck being a size as you said) out of the 26 if they would happen to end up too big.

Canuk-gal, I hope mine don''t end up being too big in the waist. It is annoying to feel like your pants are faliing down-lol. And I don''t think I could eat a meal comfortably in the 25''s.

MC, I did read on the Revolve website that Joe''s runs a bit big. I just don''t want to have to wait for the 25''s to be comfy.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2007 2:26:51 PM
Author: MC
Hi,
I just bought a pair of Joes'' yesterday and got a size smaller than normal. I guess from the salesperson I spoke with, that brand tends to fit a bit big. I normally wear a 25, but bought a 24. They''re being altered this week. Hopefully they''re not too tight when I get home!
They won''t be too small. Joe''s run big. I can even squeeze into a 23 in them and I''m usually a 24 or 25.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Cind, if the 26s fit I''d get those. You don''t want to be miserable in jeans that are too tight.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2007 5:25:45 PM

Canuk-gal, I hope mine don''t end up being too big in the waist. It is annoying to feel like your pants are faliing down-lol. And I don''t think I could eat a meal comfortably in the 25''s.
HI:

Unfortunately they feel like they are, oh well.....

cheers--Sharon

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2007 5:25:45 PM
Neatfreak, I haven''t tried on any COH jeans, but why the heck do they make them so they stretch out so much? That would surely be confusing.

Haha I have no idea why they shrink so much.. but they are definitely my favorite brand. For anyone with an hourglass figure, I have found they are the best way to go! There is none of that awkward gapping in the back because your waist is so much smaller than your butt. I know Joe''s "honey" also does a great job of fitting girls with curves. Yay! haha

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have the COH Ava and love the style!! very flattering too. they do stretch a lot though.

cind hope the 26''s work for you !!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I am having the same problem. I have a size 30 in COH Faye (which used to be my fav pair!) and then I bought a 29 in Sevens, and now they are both too big on me since I have lost a lot of weight this year. I tried shrinking the COH and I have a feeling they will just stretch way out again once I wear them for a couple hours
8.gif
. I have never tried Joe, but I hear good things about them!

I remember asking the sales girl at Nordstrom the same thing, should I go with the snugger pair now and hope they will stretch out over a few wears? In my opinion, its worth it, because those babies will stretch out and quite a bit over time. She said it just depends on how you like to wear your jeans, if you prefer them tight, then buy the size smaller, if not, then buy the 26. To each his own on this one
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s a good point rosebud...i think some prefer their jeans to fit more loosely and others prefer them to be really fit and snug. i am kind of in the middle because i don''t like the painted on look (well on many other people i think it looks great but not on me!) but then i hate loose jeans too because seriously, who needs extra material hanging around adding bulk to one''s frame?? that is why finding the perfect jeans are so hard!

honestly i find that an entire jean brand fits me or doesn''t. i love sevens but they really don''t flatter me very much...it seems like i found one good pair 5 years ago but since then all the cuts just do not work for my body. paige works the best for me because i have kind of a shapely hip and booty area but slimmer legs and thighs. so i have about 6 pairs of those. i also like the joe''s but they are cut way more generously in the leg than my paige''s and sometimes i feel like they look too loose on me even if they fit me at the waist. for me the joe''s are for more athletic and curvy shapes than mine. the COH stretch out in the legs as well for me but not so much in the waist, but yes also in the butt. i have tried on other brands too but they just don''t seem to work as well for me as some of them.

i posted about the Ever jeans i got recently in another thread, LOVE those things. of course i got them a size too big but they are EXPENSIVE and i can''t return them as i got them on a trip. but i am going to try to get them online in a smaller size and sell these i bought on ebay to hopefully not lose too much $$. i have tried shrinking them down and they DO go down but not enough to not stretch out again. and i don''t want to wait the oh...few months it would take to permanently shrink them down by overdrying them each time i wear them (how it tends to naturally happen).

whew this is long. anyway...flattering jeans!!! why are they such a hassle to find ?!?!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Mara I wholeheartedly agree-flattering jeans ARE hard to find.

I did end up returning the 25''s and got the size 26. I feel like the 26 could be a bit tighter, but the 25 iis uncomfortable. Hee hee, I am hard to please. But they''re being hemmed so there is no turning back now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results