shape
carat
color
clarity

Need input on WF CAD of my garnet pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''ll keep this short
2.gif
I would love some input on WF CAD drawing I received today, it''s not quite there yet but looks promising!

First, my inspiration is my garnet halo ring.
newring02.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I loved my first gemstone purchase so much, I got another garnet from my favorite cutter with the same cut in a larger size.

Sae Un Jung - CAD - 092308 - 2ver1.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wanted a similar look, not necessarily matchy matchy. Delicate and modern halo is the look I''m going for.

Sae Un Jung - CAD - 092308 - 1ver1.jpg

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I love it. And I have to say THAT RING IS DIVINE!!! The colour is stunning. I wanna get one too!!!
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What aren''t you loving, if I might ask? And I totally love that ring of yours - just GORGEOUS.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2008 8:04:01 PM
Author: honey22
I love it. And I have to say THAT RING IS DIVINE!!! The colour is stunning. I wanna get one too!!!
30.gif
Aww thank you. It was my very first gemstone jewelry and I''ve been completely hooked since! So I had to get another and hopefully this will be a perfect pendant. I hope to hear it at my wedding
2.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2008 8:04:43 PM
Author: geckodani
What aren''t you loving, if I might ask? And I totally love that ring of yours - just GORGEOUS.
Well the biggest thing is the outer edge of the pendant, the ridge? I think I like the look of melees all the way to the edge. The way it looks right now looks "boxy".

Rest are minor, I''m wondering if the size of the melees are right or if I want them to be slightly larger. Also from the CAD drawing the pendant looks flat, like maybe it could sit a little taller? And I would love claw prongs, just because
2.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh and the melees are bead set, is there a different methods they can be set so there''s less metal? Or maybe they just look prominent in the CAD drawing?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 8:14:49 PM
Author: Babyblue033

Date: 9/24/2008 8:04:43 PM
Author: geckodani
Well the biggest thing is the outer edge of the pendant, the ridge? I think I like the look of melees all the way to the edge. The way it looks right now looks ''boxy''.

Rest are minor, I''m wondering if the size of the melees are right or if I want them to be slightly larger. Also from the CAD drawing the pendant looks flat, like maybe it could sit a little taller? And I would love claw prongs, just because
2.gif
I agree - the melee needs to be closer to the edge, although that could be due to the nature of the CAD process.

I wouldn''t want it taller, personally - pendants get distracting IMO when they sit off the neck too much.

Claw prongs are always good!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
The pendant is squared off, whereas your ring has a scalloped edge- you can see the individual diamonds. Is that more the look you''re going for?

historychick

Shiny_Rock
from what I hear CAD drawings make everything look huge. I''ll bet in real life it will look pefect, I personally like the way it looks now but thats just my 2 cents. How long until your wedding?

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Who cut these exquisite garnets for you?? I love them and who made your first ring?
I agree with your issues, just relay it to whiteflash and they will fix it up for you!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Geckodani, yeah I think that''s more of what I was looking for. I think the pendant looks great the way it is now too, it''s just not the look I had in mind.

Historychick, I heard about CAD drawings looking chunky too so I''m trying to keep that in mind and trying to imagine how this will look in real life
1.gif
Wedding is 12/1/08 and the pendant will be a wedding gift from FI (soon to be DH!) to me, he just doesn''t know it yet
9.gif

Lasscreative, garnet is from Gene at Precision Gems. I cannot rave enough about him, he is absolutely great and cuts wonderful stones. I got my friend hooked too and she got a lovely Morganite from him as well.

Setting was from a random jeweler in diamond district, I just happened to find a setting that fit my stone perfectly and I bought it right then and there. It''s a beautiful, delicate setting that accentuates my stone, but I wasn''t too impressed with the workmanship to be honest and am looking forward to what WF can do with the pendant
36.gif

I emailed WF with my thoughts so we''ll wait and see what they come back with!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results