shape
carat
color
clarity

Need ideas for Xmas break vacation with 8 & 16 yr boys

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My fiance and I are trying to plan our first blended family vacation. We have 2 boys who will be 8 and 16 at Christmas break time 2005. We''d like to do a trip starting Dec 26 or 27 and coming back Dec 31 or 1. But we need something that will work for everyone and finding something that a teen will like as well as an 8 year old will like can be tough. The only thing they like to do that is the same is play video games which is not what I''d want them doing on vacation. We''re really open to ideas. I started looking at Riveria Maya in Mexico but everything is already booked for that week. Our main departure airport would be Chicago O''Hare or Midway. Help! Any creative ideas hugely appreciated. Thank you!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Most places will book up quickly.

Club Meds are always fun for all age groups. Lots of activities for kids and adults.

Puerto Rico also has lots of stuff for kids and teens, as well as adults. There is both the city and the beach.

Good luck with your planning!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
If you were considering the Riviera Maya and it is all booked, have you tried Cancun? There are more hotels so you may be able to find something. Jamaica could be another option, but might be more expensive. The Breezes resorts have special programs for the children specific to their age groups.

We took our 4 kids to Cancun last July and they loved it. Ours ranged in age from 8-15 and they all found something to do and the resort we stayed at didn''t have a kid''s program. Some of the resorts do though.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, you were right...finding something for Christmas break needed to be done much earlier. We have decided to do a Labor Day mini vacation instead. We''re going to San Diego...staying in La Jolla Shores.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Well this may not be very popular but Disney is great at that time of year.
I have kids of all ages and there is something for all of them to do.
Downtown Disney Quest is awesome for the Teen. You can even drop him (her) off there to "play" virtual games for hours of fun.

Just a thought.
My teens and my little guys loved it

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I never look here, so I don''t know if you''ve already planned your trip, but what about a cruise? That can offer lots of activities for both ages and then the outings you can do as a family. My family prefers Royal Caribbean. Also, Atlantis resort on Paradise Island, Bahamas is a trip my family has also loved. Both are affordable from Chicago. Oh, and one more is that when I was in college and my Dad continued to take my brothers on vacations they used FunJet? I believe, which had packages to all sorts of places.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I was also going to suggest an all-inclusive in Jamaica like Beaches...they are run by the Sandals company and this way all your food, beverages and activities for the kids would be included...My DH and I love Jamaica...and it''s SO much more cheaper than, say, Hawaii...and in December, you''ll have beautiful weather!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results