shape
carat
color
clarity

Need ideas for setting my blue sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Here is a clearer one I''ve found. Sorry, it''s not going to get any better than this. I have no skills like some PS''ers here!
9.gif

Unfortunately, the diamond isn''t mine and was borrowed just for comparison in width!! :D

Sap Blue.JPG

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 11:46:03 PM
Author: Harriet
Ooh. How about pear sides?
P.S. You live in my dream city.

Yeah, come over to Sydney!! Then we can have a big PS''ers gathering!
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sapphire is dreamy! I see a three stone with pear sides...but I may be a little biased.
2.gif

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Cushionnut, thank you! I don''t know why but I''ve been really excited and happy that everyone has been so positive about my sapphire because I love it so much- I feel like this is my special one- it sounds silly I know. But I look at my sapphire, drool and dream during the day... this is not normal!! :D

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2008 8:07:14 AM
Author: Icy Melona
Here you go... this is the stock photo from AJSGems!
I think it''s cut well for a sapphire, no windows. That is a drop dead gorgeous color. You did good for a first time sapphire buyer. I love it!!

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 8:15:08 AM
Here is a clearer one I've found. Sorry, it's not going to get any better than this. I have no skills like some PS'ers here!
9.gif

Unfortunately, the diamond isn't mine and was borrowed just for comparison in width!! :D
Ooops...I meant to say that I have absolutely no skills unlike most of the PS'ers here!!!

Ma Re- tahnk you for reassuring me that I'm not going too loopy! :D

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2008 8:35:32 AM
Cushionnut, thank you! I don''t know why but I''ve been really excited and happy that everyone has been so positive about my sapphire because I love it so much- I feel like this is my special one- it sounds silly I know. But I look at my sapphire, drool and dream during the day... this is not normal!! :D

This IS normal!! According to most of the people on this forum!
31.gif
It is a dreamy sapphire and for a first time sapphire buyer.... I think you did remarkable in your choice!
36.gif
It is a stunner and deserves to be dreamed about in the most perfect setting.
1.gif
I am in the same boat as you, I think I may bite the bullet and hold out for Leon to set my sapphire. I long to make my dream a reality by having at least one Leon piece before I leave this earth!!
3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that about a five carat sapphire?

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Hi TL- the sapphire is 6.02ct, it does have alot of junk in the trunk! :D

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning sapphire! The colour is to die for!

I''ve got a sapphire set in a halo and while it can look darker in some lights, it still looks very vibrant and the contrast against the diamonds is lovely. To be honest, no matter how you set that beauty I''m sure it''ll be wonderful and I can''t wait to see the result!

Here''s a pic of my halo to give you an idea (my sapphire has a less than perfect cut)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results