shape
carat
color
clarity

Need ideas for my wedding gift from my mom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teetee

Shiny_Rock
My mom told me that she would like to give me jewelry as part of my wedding gift. I already know that FMIL is getting me earrings and a pendant necklace so I am looking at bracelets. I like simple, classic pieces that I can wear with everything. I have some ideas but wanted to get help as PS''ers are so good at shopping
21.gif
Mom said she wants to spend around $2K. The wedding is in August so I have some time to decide what I want.

Okay, here are some that I''ve had my eye on:

Half-Bezel Tennis Bracelet from WhiteFlash
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

Shared Prong Bangle from WhiteFlash. Not sure how comfortable bangles will be since I have small wrists.
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

Tiffany DBTY bracelet with aquamarines.

tiffany-dbty-aqua-bracelet.jpg

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, not sure how to post multiple photos...here are the images that didn''t show up.

Half-Bezel Tennis Bracelet from WhiteFlash

WF-HalfBezel-Tennis-Bracele.jpg

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Shared Prong Bangle from WhiteFlash. Not sure how comfortable bangles will be since I have small wrists.

WF-Shared-Prong-Bracelet.jpg

teetee

Shiny_Rock
I know I said bracelet but I could always use some diamond hoops
27.gif
. These are Tiffany and over the price point but I could find it somewhere else.

Tiffany-Shared-Prong-Hoops.jpg

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Always loved the DBTY necklace from WF too.

Hopefully these give you an idea of what I like. Can''t wait to see what you guys come up with for me
19.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, lucky you, and what a sweet mom!

My first choice would be the half bezel tenny. However, that would only be if you already have some kind of diamond earrings, which every girl should have.
5.gif
So, if you don''t have any, I''d suggest the hoops first, otherwise the bracelet.

MonkeyDog

Rough_Rock
How nice of mom! I would definitely vote for the diamond tennis bracelet. Classic and it can be worn anywhere from working out to the whole ball gown thing. Plus, with a bracelet, *you* get to see it every time you wear it.
9.gif
Bangle vs. line bracelet would be more a question of what is your personal preference. I''m not a bangle girl so that''s an easy choice for me. Line bracelets are classic, but not everyone has one and I think it will get noticed more than earrings might. How nice that, throughout your life, when people tell you what a beautiful bracelet you have, you can say your mom got it for you on your wedding.
1.gif
And FWIW, I just got a line bracelet from WF and it is beautiful - I definitely recommend them.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with the tennis bracelet from WF. It''s gorgeous, can be worn for dress up or everyday. The aqua bracelet is gorgeous as are the diamond earrings but I would get the most use out of it would be the line bracelet.

Your mom is a sweetie to get you something for you wedding to to always cherish.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LUCKY DUCK!!
My choice would be the half bezel tennis bracelet. I have a half bezel and I love it...perfect for everyday wear.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 9:48:39 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
LUCKY DUCK!!
My choice would be the half bezel tennis bracelet. I have a half bezel and I love it...perfect for everyday wear.
me too! That would be gorgeous, what a sweet daughter you are! The diamonds in the whiteflash bracelet are a cut above so you know they will be amazing!
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, would choose the bezel tennis bracelet. I think it is very wearable with dressy or casual attire.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go for diamond hoops or a nice watch. I would get more wear out those than out of a diamond bracelet.

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what an overwhelming response for the line bracelet. Mom and I went to T&C today to look and they had a lovely shared prong line bracelet. It was 3ctw so the 2ctw from WF will be slightly smaller. We looked at the DBY bracelet too and I agree that the line bracelet will be more versatile. The DBY is cute and fun but I think I should focus on getting the essential pieces first.

Unfortunately they didn''t have any of the hoop earrings in stock for us to look at. The only diamond earrings I currently have are the .25tcw martini set earrings from WF that FI gave me last year. I pretty much wear these everyday.

I already have a few nice watches...plus FI is a watch buff so I''m sure I won''t be lacking in that category.

Any other pieces that I haven''t yet considered?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, you have: ring - the e-ring & earrings - .25ctw, right?

Of the pieces that you posted my vote is for the half-bezel bracelet, but not being much of a bracelet chick myself I''m going to say - larger diamond stud earrings!! The half-hoops and the bracelet are classics, of course, really you can''t go wrong with anything you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results