shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

discostu

Rough_Rock
Need opinions on this stone. The only information I have is the following. It is a 1.22ct. FS1 with a table of 56 and a depth of 60.8. The crown angle is 34.7 and the pavilion angle is 40.9. There is faint flouresence and the girdle is very thin to thin. The price is $7,600.00. I am worried about the girdle and that on the Holoway Advisor the only thing that was rated as Excellent was the Light Return. Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
I wonder why you only got one ex... nevertheless it scored under 2 and would eliminate 95% of all other diamonds. If a BandM store got a hold of that stone, it would be in the middle of the cases and set on purple pillow with gaurds standing around it, with a price well over 10,000.

discostu

Rough_Rock
Daniel B.

I was wondering the same thing about their only being one Excellent. So you think it sounds okay, then?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen this stone??

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Well, I am nowhere near an expert on the HCA so I dont want to give you any misleading advice,discostu. But others will be along to help you out better than I can! Seeing the stone like Kaleigh said would eliminate a lot of doubt, though
2.gif
9.gif

discostu

Rough_Rock
No, I have not. I don''t know what the inclusions look like.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
The only other thing I can comment on is that the girdle is Vthin to thin, and you may have security issues with that.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it''s an online vendor have them pull the stone and eye ball it for you. They can tell you if it''s eye clean or not. The girdle being very thin to thin may be a problem but depends exactly where it''s very thin, etc.. If it''s a virtual stone, then I''m not sure what to tell you??

discostu

Rough_Rock
How can you tell about the girdle? Assuming it is eye clean, what do you think?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Call the vendor and ask them if they have it in stock or not. If they do, ask them to pull it and eye ball it with you on the phone to give you all the details about the inclusions and the girdle. Sometimes a very thin is only very thin in a very small spot and can be protectoed, and sometimes it is a flag that the girdle would be easy to chip. THis sounds as if it could be a very nice stone, but you need to dig deeper on the details, and a good internet vendor knows that and will help you to do it. Ask for pics and ask lots of questions...

good luck!

discostu

Rough_Rock
Okay, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results