shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock

PS shoppers get a discount with WF, so the price is $100 off if you mention PS ($3893).

There are two 0.93 F SI1 stones with "excellent" HCA scores that cost $1k + more. So I think saving 25% for a stone that seems to have little leakage and good light return is a good deal. When I typed in 0.90-0.92 F SI1 GIA stones in the search engine here, the price range was $3829 to $4609, and those stones didn''t have cut info. So it sounds good to me relative to other internet prices, which tend to be competitive.

FYI, the sarin report gives a slightly higher number for the crown angle (35.5 as the average of 35.1 to 36.0). The crown angle of over 35 is what''s bumping you out of the "excellent" range to begin with. The numbers from the sarin report produce a score of 3.9. But I''d go more on the ideal scope image since it''s of the actual and not a hypothetical stone, which doesn''t show symmetry but looks like good light return to me. Do any experts want to weigh in on it? Are the lighter areas in the table representing leakage?

idealscope3.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/13/2005 11:47:08 AM
Author:turdferguson
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-13374962

I checked it against the cut advisor and it came up with a 3.6/Very Good/Worth buying if the price is right. So my question is, is the price right for the stone? Thanks.
Hi Turdferguson:

When looking at value you have to consider a couple things. One the price of the stone is attractive.

The Ideal-Scope Photo does show some "blatant" leakage under the table which will reduce some of the light returned to the viewers eye''s, but the photo also represents a stone with some good overall contrast which is evident from the reds and blacks present under the scope.

I think overall it is a good stone with less than ideal proportions which represents a good value for someone looking to save some money.

turdferguson

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help guys. If anyone else has an opinion that''d be great!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, my advice is the same as before...either to take cut over clarity, like this one, or to try to research into the quick search here for promising options. Strategies in substance reviewed 8/8, but with your accepting .9 now, your supply will have increased to dig through...and you can try to pair a promising AGS0, with a Cert visible at what may only be a competing vendor, against the one you just found.

(edited to add)...unfortunately, the options I see all present with GIA certs just now. Still, you might consider pairing the one you found with this one, where a more optimum look is possible, and you can ask for WF's judgement between them.

Regards,

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
They have a 1.00 G SI2 that is about $4500 if you can spring a little bit more $. It gets a 0.8 on the HCA and shows some arrows.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results