shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with setting design...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,
I am currently in the process of having a new setting done. I can''t decide whether to keep the band "as is" or change it to 3 sided pave. what do you all think?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
what does the current band look like? are more diamonds ever a bad thing?!
2.gif
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a Pic of what i''m thinking of...

zoe6.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s hard to tell from the picture but those are diamonds in the band, 2 rows...or go 3 sided??

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Either would be beautiful. I love that setting. Leon''s work is amazing. You lucky girl!!
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I like the setting you posted, but if you are going to do a three-sided pave, I like it to be more rounded.

Kinda like this beauty.

519%20Dvatche%20half%20pave%20solitaire%20band.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2005 2:33:43 PM
Author: sevens one
I like the setting you posted, but if you are going to do a three-sided pave, I like it to be more rounded.

Kinda like this beauty.

see, i LOVE that too...how do i decide???
20.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2005 2:40:15 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 2/4/2005 2:33:43 PM
Author: sevens one

Kinda like this beauty.

see, i LOVE that too...how do i decide???
20.gif

Well, you try, try again.
31.gif

You''ve got to get out and try on settings. I wouldn''t plunk down any $$$ until you''re sure.
That''s why I have no final setting- I can''t DECIDE!
6.gif
9.gif

gee5088

Rough_Rock
I COMPLETELY agree with sevens...

I LOVE the set sevens posted...so very feminine!!! I agree that the look is better when it is rounded. Either 2 rows or 3-sided is a GORGEOUS look. You really do need to try a bunch of styles on to determine your true preferences. Besides, trying beautiful rings on is SO MUCH FUN!!!

ENJOY!!!
28.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the leon......love that pave basket.
3.gif

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
I''m w/ Belle, I LOVE that pave basket!! The entire Leon ring is to die for!!! However either one would suite me just fine.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you prefer the knife edge look, or a more rounded shank? If knife edge, go for the original picture you posted. If you like rounded shanks better, go for the 3 sided!! (I''d go for the 3 sided, even though I do like the knife edge look!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen and tried on several pave rings and love them.  i have never seen a knife-edge with pave in person to compare.  I''m going to try and find a B & M that might have something similiar.  i do want something dainty looking.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love three sided pave, but the one Q I always had was how does a matching 3 sided e-ring sit flush against it? Don''t the diamonds rub on each other?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the LM one especially the pave head section, but also think that this style would only look appropriate for a larger diamond. A smaller diamond would be lost in all that design work.

The d. vatche one is cute too and i think the perfect home for a one-carat or smaller diamond.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2005 6:45:43 PM
Author: Mara
I love three sided pave, but the one Q I always had was how does a matching 3 sided e-ring sit flush against it? Don''t the diamonds rub on each other?

Mara,
I have always wondered that too. Are your rings one sided then?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep my rings are one sided...just the top has the diamonds. I am happy I did that since it lets the rings fit flush against each other...without rubbing problems...but I''m really curious about 3 sided.

On the 2 sided..I would think that would be beautiful but that would mean you pretty much would always have to wear the SET together, since with only one ring on, the 3rd side without diamonds may be noticeable?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ve got to get out and try on settings. I wouldn''t plunk down any $$$ until you''re sure.

That''s why I have no final setting- I can''t DECIDE!
6.gif
9.gif
[/quote]

i went to a local B & M and tried on a bunch of settings. They had a tacori knife-edge with pave and although it was very pretty, I didn''t like it on my hand at all. thanks sevens for the suggestion, it really helped narrow things down.
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2005 6:45:43 PM
Author: Mara

Mara,
I asked the jeweler at my local B & M about this. He had a Tacori 3 sided w/ band in the store. He said it was designed in a way that they wouldn''t hurt each other...i''m not so sure...i will post a question and maybe some of the experts will respond..
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results