shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with rhodolite please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Do you think this rhodolite is beautiful or is this a loser one? I know nothing, please give your opinion.

original.aspx

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Sylvie,

That looks to be a very bright light being shone on the ring. If it is a piece you are interested in I would ask to see a picture of it in natural lightly overcast daylight. That will give you a better indication of how the stone will look in more normal surroundings.

Rhodolites can be dark and show quite a bit of extinction.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I would agree with Gailey that it looks like a very bright light shining. To be honest, it looks very dark, even with that light on it. I would bet it is darker still in real life. I would personally pass on that one.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I asked for better pics like Gailey recommand. ASA received it I''ll post it here.

You are sooo nice to help me. It''s not a fortune ring but I don''t want to make a mistake and lose my money.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s too dark (even with that light on it). Unless you like deep/dark colors, checkerboard cuts, I suggest you look for a better looking rhodolite..

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It appears to be a very dark, run of the mill stone, with a very bright light shining on it to show it has some sparkle.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 11:03:45 PM
Author: stci
Thank you! I asked for better pics like Gailey recommand. ASA received it I'll post it here.

You are sooo nice to help me. It's not a fortune ring but I don't want to make a mistake and lose my money.
Sylvie,

Are you in a position to be able to see this ring in person prior to making a decision? If not, does the vendor have a return policy? If you did decide to purchase the ring, are you able to pay with a credit card or via Paypal?

Can you tell us the weight and dimensions of the stone, the metal that the ring is made of and how much it costs (if you feel comfortable with that). Those details, along with additional photos will help us to determine whether this is a good deal or not.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree with the consensus and call that pretty darn dark. Rhodolites really have to be much lighter prior to being set because in the wrong setting, it can really kill the color.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depending on the price, it could be a good or poor deal. That said, in my opinion, it is going to be very dark IRL because of the strong lighting used to help the colour show in the photograph. See how white the fingers are?

stci

Ideal_Rock
I received another pic but it''s not outside one. The stone seem really dark.

The size is 9 ct but I don''t have any other information. I''m gonna let this one go.

rodo201.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results