shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help with Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rdifo

Rough_Rock
I have found two stones that seem to have good basic numbers. I know I have to get some more info on them but do they look like a good starting point?

GIA
Princess
2.00ct
SI1
G
6.93 x 6.76 x 4.92
Depth 72.8
Table 67
Girdle VERY THIN
Culet NON
Polish EX
Symmetry G
Fluorescence NON

GIA
Princess
2.14ct
VS2
H
7.32 x 7.02 x 5.12
Depth 72.9
Table 70
Girdle M
Culet NON
Polish VG
Symmetry G
Fluorescence NON

Both are very close in price. Thanks for the help.

Rob

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I would stay away from the first stone as the girdle will be VERY prone to chipping. The second stone looks good so far, but you''ll want to get the crown and pavilion info, as well as an ideal scope image. You''re definitely on the right track!

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
i second researcher...i like the second one due to the girdle on the first stone. if you can get those extra things that researcher mentioned you will get a better handle on the performance of your diamonds.

jason

Rdifo

Rough_Rock
I spoke to a lady from diamond.com where these stones are from and she said that they do not have the crown or pavilion #''s b/c it is not on the GIA report. She also said that if the %''s were bad it would be noted on the report. Any suggestions on what to do next?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
See if they can do a sarin on the second stone. Or if the stone can be sent to an appraiser that has access to a sarin machine.

I would disregard the first because of the very thin girdle especially since it is a princess. Even with insurance, I surely wouldn''t want to take such high chances with breakage.

Rdifo

Rough_Rock
OK, I was able to get the crown angle for the 2.14ct stone above...it is 10.9. how does that affect the overall stone? thanks

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
10.9 looks more like a number for the crown height % rather than crown angle.

kratty

Rough_Rock
The responses you''re getting seem odd and concerning to me. Maybe it''s unjustified paranoia, but for me, a purchase like this already comes with enough nerves. I''ve never worked with diamond.com, but I hope you they get you the information you need, so you can take Gary up on his offer.

Rdifo

Rough_Rock
Everyone/Anyone,

I attached the IdealScope image of the 2.14ct stone I mentioned above. The only problem is that I don''t really understand what I''m looking at. Thanks for any help.

Rob

IS_GIA14185565.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
did diamond.com send you this scope image?

Rdifo

Rough_Rock
I actually stopped dealing with diamond.com. Whiteflash had the same stone listed and they agreed to match the price and have been much more helpful. They sent me the Idealscope image, a 40x image and the sarin for the stone.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
good. i could tell that was a wf image, so i was just making sure it wasn''t another company that sent it
2.gif

the image actually looks pretty good for a princess. have you read through the idealscope tutorial here?

Chiefrocka

Rough_Rock
Gary,

Have you had a chance to evaluate the IS of Infinity princess stones??? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results