shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with no-prong setting ideas for Asscher!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tad

Rough_Rock
Hi -

I could use some advice/suggestions/recommendations from all you Asscher fans!

Here''s my story in a nutshell: My fiance bought me a gorgeous engagement ring last January. The stone was a 2.01 carat Asscher, color E, Internally Flawless, excellent symmetry, excellent polish. The stone was unbelievable....unfortunately, I didn''t love the setting. It was a 4 prong, cathedral setting, with a very wide band. I believed it looked kinda heavy next to the stone and hid much of the stone. Plus, it was just very generic looking....and I wanted something a little more unusual for such an unusual stone.

So, after a long talk, my fiance and I decided to get the stone reset, in a custom setting. We met with a reputable metalsmith and jewelry designer in our area. She designed a gorgeous setting, that didn''t use prongs and left the diamond very exposed. Stylistically, it was breathtaking. Tragically, however, it was a horribly flawed setting and 4 weeks after I got the ring back from her, my beautiful Asscher fell out of the setting and was never to be seen again....

It was a horrible experience!

Thankfully, it was insured.

My fiance and I just returned from a trip to NYC where we met up with a friend in the diamond industry and we purchased my *second* beautiful Asscher diamond. We got another gorgeous stone: 2.15 carats, Color E, IF, excellent symmetry, excellent polish.

So, now we are on the search for our THIRD setting. (I know, I am very lucky to have found a man who still wants to marry me after all of this drama!!)

We are having trouble finding a setting that we love. I don''t want a prong setting, as I love the cut off corners of the Asscher and want that shape exposed. I''d prefer not to do a bezel setting as well, because I think with this size a stone, it would look huge in a bezel setting, plus I think it would hide much of the stone.

The stone is so pretty that I really want a setting that exposes as much of it as possible and that shows off the stone.

I''ve looked at a suspension setting by Stuart Moore, which is pretty....but I fear that it may be too "heavy" looking and take too much attention away from the stone. I''m also nervous about the safety of that setting.

Does anyone have pictures of Asschers set in something without prongs and not bezeled?

Thanks so much!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Your new stone sounds A-MAZING. I''m sorry you had to go through losing the first one!!

I''m thinking, but I''m kind of at a loss...other than tension settings, I can''t really think of something non-pronged, non-bezeled.

Hmmm.....I''m thinking about it.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results