shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help With Diamond and Setting Help~~Is this Diamond Good? Where Can I find Settings Less then 2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

walay

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

My friend suggested me to this place and while browsing, I have found many helps and information. Hopefully someone here can help me:) Thank You Very Very Much!!

First Question
Is the price good for the spec shown on paper?? Also I know that its hard to tell the fire/sparkle on paper, however I would like to know if the price and spec are good for possible great fire/sparkle?? If so, I will buy it and if not good in hand, I can return it. And if this is not a good diamond for the price, can you point me to the right direction?

Here is the spec for the diamond I''m looking at:
I have also attached a photo:D

Price: $830
May 17, 2004
Laser inscription Registry: GIA 13467794
Shape and Cutting Style: Round Brilliant
Measurement: 4.85-4.86x2.97mm
Carat Weight: 0.43 carats
Cut: Ideal
Color Grade: F
Clarity: VS1
Characteristics: cloud
Certificate type: GIA
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Depth %: 61.2
Table %: 57
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Measurements: 4.86 x 4.85 x 2.97 millimeters
Length-to-width ratio: 1

My Second Question is, My girlfriend have a very small hand..
I''ve been looking at platinum ring settings, but all I''ve found so far have a ring width of at least 2mm. I''m hoping to get a ring at around 1.5~1.80mm, I just want a simple clean 4~6prong setting with the above diamond set on it. Can someone point me to the right direction? So far, all the rings I found are at least 2mm.

I think a thinner band would make the diamond look larger, and when everything is put together, it would look and fit on my girlfriend''s small hand nicely.

This is my first post, and I hope I''m in the right section, I have looked...and I think it is considered diamond talk

So please help....much appreciated~~
28.gif

dia43122.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have the pavilion and crown angles and cutlet (info if there is one)? You can use this tool to plug in the numbers and weed out a bad performing stones.
https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp Look for a stone performing between 0-2 (1.2 is not better than 1.4); it is just a tool to weed out be performers.

Also, if you want to price compare use this tool. https://www.pricescope.com/diamond-prices.aspx

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results