shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with an old diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurared

Rough_Rock
My mother has a 1.02 carat miner''s cut diamond solitaire, VS1 Clarity, color VH, that my grandfather found in South Carolina in 1972. We have had the diamond appraised at around $5600. We were hoping that someone could give us an idea what would be a fair price for this ring? We have a buyer but we want to make sure we are not taken. What would be a fair price?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi laurared Welcome to the Pricescope forum
35.gif

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/selling-a-diamond/reselling-gems-jewelry-what-can-you-expect-t17953.html

The above link was written by one of the independent appraisers on this forum. I know that older cut diamonds are usually cheaper than modern cut diamonds at retail but this link should give you some good information.

You say that you had it valued already, make sure that it was an independent appraiser and not one which works in a jewellery store as they could give bias information.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results