shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with a stone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
What do you guys think of this RB? This is a stone from Beaudry that I got through Pearlman''s.
http://www.agslab.com/reportTypes/pdqd.php?StoneID=0008418002&Weight=1.062&D=1

Shape and Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.47 - 6.53 x 4.07 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Light Performance: 0
Proportion Factors: 0
Finish: 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Color Grade: AGS 1.0 (F)
Clarity Grade: AGS 3 (VS1)
Carat Weight: 1.062
Fluorescence: Negligible
Comments:
"AGSL 8418002" has been inscribed on the girdle of this diamond.

Table: 55.2%
Crown Angle: 35.6
Crown Height: 16.1%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.7% to 4.3%
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion Depth: 42.8%
Star Length: 49%
Lower Girdle Length: 77%
Total Depth: 62.7%
Culet: Pointed

It scored a 2.2 on the HCA and I am not sure I am happy with this. Bill is asking me which angles I would like Beaudry to look for, and I''m not sure of the answer
39.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry's HCA and my AGA Cut Class grader both conclude that you "might" find a better stone. No doubt this is a very nice diamond, and your own patience to find a better one yet or to find one you actually see any improvement in may well be very limited. This may prove to be the right diamond for you. Numbers only get you so far. Then it it becomes what is available, what your eyes see, how big your budget is and how patient a shopper you are.

My grader gives me hints that the average crown angle is a bit high, the girdle thickness may be a little more than necessary in one or more zones of the diamond, and that total depth is a bit to the higher range. These are fine points, but the AGA grader is giving me a cut class 1B to 2A depending on the thickness one might infer from the percentage girdle numbers you provided. This diamond is in the range of "ideal" as I interpret it, and it apparently hits AGS 0, but is not a bullseye in the center of the target.

For many consumers this sort of diamond will make them extremely pleased. For those who demand numerical standards, another diamond might appear to approach the center of the target zone a little bit more closely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results