shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with a picture of a ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larzhope04

Rough_Rock
hi, I know this is a long shot, but my boyfriend and I went to look at rings, and I found one I like at JB Robinson. it is a very tiny band with pave diamonds halfway down the band. but the cool thing about it is when you tip the ring and look at the sides of the band, there is a really cool see through curly-q type of design. The ring is not exactly what I want, but I love that design, and they wouldn''t let me take a picture of it in the store b/c my boyfriend wants to get the ring made... does anybody have this ring or can find it online? I''ve looked everywhere and can''t find it
7.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ok can you give us a little more idea of what you mean by curly q? Is it just engraved into the metal, or can you see through it? Is it really curly like a hair curl or just squiggly? Scroll type design...

One more thing...can you try to call the store today and ask what the brand is...or even the stock number. You can express your concern on it not being there when you return in the future. You want to seize the moment and obtain as much detail as you can. You never know another call with another employee may be more helpful. So don't give up on one call.

If you can get a brand...or a model number, well it is better that just CURLY QS!!
2.gif

maybe they can tell you what the work is actually called...that may help the board narrow down your search...get busy!!

larzhope04

Rough_Rock
I think the style # is 080181516, there are pave diamonds on the side of the ring, the band is 2mm across for both engagement and diamond (2mm each), and there is a halo setting princess cut diamond in the center (the part that I would want changed). I tried to recreate in MS Word what it looked like, here it is: The white space in the picture is where you can "see through" the ring, there is no metal there. The black lines are where the metal is at. This is clearly a VERY rough description, as I have only seen it once. The ring (i think) is listed on JBR''s website, but there is not "multiple views" of the ring, so I can''t be sure it is the one I want.

Attachments

• ring pic.pdf
    9.9 KB · Views: 87

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
I searched that model number and "ring" and came up with this from Kay Jewelers...is this it?

080181516_SV_LG.jpg

larzhope04

Rough_Rock
nope, thanks for trying though!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

larzhope04

Rough_Rock
Yeah, they must not have it on their website then, thanks for trying though!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Diamond Dana...I am anxious for her reply...your photo is a princess halo...from the top it looks like you found what her top description sounds like. We can only hope huh? Good work!

Come back Larzhope!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hi larz,

This obviously won''t be the exact ring you''re looking for but am I on the right track reg. the concept the scrolly sides?

(The ring below is from Knox Jewelers, btw)

scrollsidesklarz.jpg

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2008 2:43:33 PM
Author: lightseeker
I searched that model number and 'ring' and came up with this from Kay Jewelers...is this it?
larzhope04 - I googled it and came up with the same image from Kay jewellers. I was looking at some other rings from the JB Robinson online catalogue and if I googled another ring (model xyz for example), it came up with the exact same ring from Kay. I tried several different models they both had the same model number for the same rings - so it looks like they stock the same designs. Are you sure about the model number?

larzhope04

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, must be the wrong model number, i''m sorry! the woman at the store said that was it (she pointed to it in the catalogue) but I thought she was wrong then, and after all of your research I''m even more convinced that she had no idea what I was talking about. It is frustrating because I tried going there to look at the ring again and because it is so close to valentine''s day they are all sold out.

The person that posted the picture and asked if she was on the right track - you are getting closer! there are no diamonds or anything on the side - just metal!

Thanks for all of your help!

larzhope04

Rough_Rock
if you guys look at the attachment I posted on my 2nd post in this thread, it really does look quite similar to that, if you can visualize what I''m getting at with my crude drawing :D

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
This obviously isn't even the same style of ring, but is this what you mean?

Filigree gallery

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I found this one but it''s a radiant halo instead.

022145801.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I understand...Kay, Rogers and JB Robinson are all owned by the same company. If you ever pick up their store ads they all have the same items pictured.

I hope that you can find the ring you want...check all the above websites and you might be able to find it.

larzhope04

Rough_Rock
you guys are getting closer!!! you found the "curley q" i''m talking about (that''s what the curly q looks like) now just gotta find the right positioning!!

You guys rock :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2008 3:45:43 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Diamond Dana...I am anxious for her reply...your photo is a princess halo...from the top it looks like you found what her top description sounds like. We can only hope huh? Good work!

Come back Larzhope!!!
Lol DKS...no such luck, but I get an "A" for effort!

larzhope04

Rough_Rock
Hey Diamond Diana! I have looked online at all of these websites and still haven''t had any luck finding it, but thank you so much!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2008 6:03:55 PM
Author: larzhope04
Hey Diamond Diana! I have looked online at all of these websites and still haven''t had any luck finding it, but thank you so much!
Well poo! I hope that you are able to find it again...good luck in your search!

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
How about this one?

990470700_SV_PD.jpg

heather318

Shiny_Rock
How about this one?

990187407_SV_LG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results