shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help we have been malled

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dmo

Rough_Rock
We are in the process of bringing back a ring to a mall jeweler and looking for a new princess on the web can any one let me know if this ring sound like a good deal. I am very nervous buying over the web but going to the store in person did me no justice either.

princess .87 5.34x5.36x3.90 D=72.8 T=75 girdle thin to med cutlet none
p/s= vg/g vs1 E Flour= none Feather and needle. Dealer says it is superbly cut and well within what they consider ideal for a princess
What do you think. Price is 3230 cash or 3327 If not can you point me in the right direction!!
thankyou

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I would bump this thread up so one of the people who knows about princess cuts can comment.

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
good morning

i am not a diamond expert, however, i have been led in the positive direction by people aboard this forum so i will throw my 1 cent in. if one is looking at the princess grading chart found here http://gemappraisers.com/ you will notice that the diamond you are looking at is roughly a 2a-2b. there is nothing wrong with that, however, you prob look for princesses with tables less than depth. another key point to know is the crown height this will help you narrow down some stones as well. i wouldn''t be nervous purchasing online with the dealers that are here on PS. a great place to look for princess goodoldgold.com
here is a link to a princess around your specs
http://www.goodoldgold.com/princess_0_82ct_f_si2.htm

is another good place is whiteflash.com, and superbcert.com

have fun looking

jason

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2004 4:42:55 PM
Author:dmo
We are in the process of bringing back a ring to a mall jeweler and looking for a new princess on the web can any one let me know if this ring sound like a good deal...
Well, it is easy to just run a search on top of this page and look up E/VS1 princess cuts... the conclusion makes this one sounds like a decent deal. The price point is right there and with just numbers at hand there is no way to know if some other stone will look seriously more brilliant. Princess cuts are not often cut for their brightest, but from table&depth, there is no way to know where this stands.

The stone appears among the larger 90 pointers, just because the usual thick girdle is not there this time. Around 1 ct, a thick girdle eats up quite a bit more material than the last couple of % points on the tip of the pavilion. So this one has good spread despite the 70%-sih depth figure.

From the post, can''t see any reason to give up on it. Brilliance aside...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results