color
clarity

Need Help Picking e-ring for girlfriend down to 2 choices

Which E-Ring should I choose

• Star 129 (1.67CT) Color H - Clarity I1 Eye Clean

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone...I am new to the site been reviewing posts for about 3 weeks now getting LOTS of GREAT informative information, which helped me narrow my search for my girlfriends diamond down to 2. Please HELP!!

Choices:
33.gif

1) Star 129 Diamond (Do not have all the specks for the Star 129 but actually saw both diamonds in person)
Star 129 (1.67 CT) Color H - Clarity I1 (however it is very eye clean) just a cloudy inclusion which would be covered once mounted.

2) Round H&A (1.576ct) Color J - Clarity SI1 (Has 2 Inclusions not bad visible under micorscope)
Cut Grade - Excellent
Light Performance - Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Optical Symmetry: Superior

My mind is pretty much made up as for the setting Vatche 6 Prong Royal Crown 18K White Gold both with or without channel set diamonds.
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Rabe,

Congrats on your pending proposal!!

I'm affraid I may not be the help you want, here's why. YOU have seen these two stones. And you know your girlfriend best.

So I would ask you, which one appealed to you more? (they are two different cuts) and which do you think she would like?

We could certainly give opinions here, but we'd only be guessing, since we can't see the stones. You've had that luxury. If price isn't a deciding factor, let your eyes pick!
2.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 11:40:19 AM
Author: Ellen
Hi Rabe,

Congrats on your pending proposal!!

I''m affraid I may not be the help you want, here''s why. YOU have seen these two stones. And you know your girlfriend best.

So I would ask you, which one appealed to you more? (they are two different cuts) and which do you think she would like?

We could certainly give opinions here, but we''d only be guessing, since we can''t see the stones. You''ve had that luxury. If price isn''t a deciding factor, let your eyes pick!
2.gif
I agree with Ellen, too hard to pic especially without more specs. I know nothing about Star 129 diamonds either.....What lab are these graded by? I love your setting choice! Those are gorgeous!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably go with the round because I don''t think I could be satisfied with an I1. J color is something I can handle, but I don''t think I could mentally get over the I1, even if it''s mostly clean.

However, if you''re OK with either I1 clarity or J color, it all comes down to personal preference. I don''t know a whole lot about it, but the Star129 diamond will have a lot of tiny flashes, whereas the round will have big, broad flashes. I actually prefer the smaller "pinfire" look (I have a princess cut, and that''s a similar look). But it''s all about what you and she would like.

Here are some videos comparing Star129s to RBs:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/videos/HAvsStar129.wmv
http://www.goodoldgold.com/videos/Star129vscommonmq.wmv

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
Hello all...I have finally done it I have selected the diamond after a few weeks, I tell ya it was tough. I will list the full specs of the actual diamond below, it''s now off to Vatche to be set. Let me know what you think, now im glad thats done if I can just hold it from the GF until December, its going to be hard.
19.gif

Shape - Round
Carat Weight - 1.576ct
Color - J
Clarity - SI1
AGS Cut Grade - Ideal
est GIA Cut Grade - Excellent
AGS Light Performance - Ideal
Optical Symmetry - Superior
Polish - Ideal
Symmetry - Ideal
Fluorescence - Negligible
Girdle - 2.05%
Culet - None
Lab Report - AGS
In House - Yes
Width - 7.46mm
Length - 7.47mm
Depth - 4.58mm
Table Percentage - 57.76%
Depth Percentage - 61.34%
Crown Ú - 34.95‹
Crown Depth - 14.74%
Pavilion Ú - 40.77‹
Pavilion Depth - 43.01%
Upper Girdle Ú - 41.83‹
Lower Girdle Ú - 42.00‹

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 12:02:55 AM
Author: Rabe2000
Hello all...I have finally done it I have selected the diamond after a few weeks, I tell ya it was tough. I will list the full specs of the actual diamond below, it's now off to Vatche to be set. Let me know what you think, now im glad thats done if I can just hold it from the GF until December, its going to be hard.
19.gif

Shape - Round
Carat Weight - 1.576ct
Color - J
Clarity - SI1
AGS Cut Grade - Ideal
est GIA Cut Grade - Excellent
AGS Light Performance - Ideal
Optical Symmetry - Superior
Polish - Ideal
Symmetry - Ideal
Fluorescence - Negligible
Girdle - 2.05%
Culet - None
Lab Report - AGS
In House - Yes
Width - 7.46mm
Length - 7.47mm
Depth - 4.58mm
Table Percentage - 57.76%
Depth Percentage - 61.34%
Crown Ú - 34.95‹
Crown Depth - 14.74%
Pavilion Ú - 40.77‹
Pavilion Depth - 43.01%
Upper Girdle Ú - 41.83‹
Lower Girdle Ú - 42.00‹
36.gif
Looks great! I have a similar stone (AGS000, J SI2 1.59ct) and LOVE it! I can't wait to see your finished product. What setting are you getting?

ETA: DUH, the Royal Crown. DROOL!!!!!!! I LOVE that setting! OMG, this is going to be a dynamite ring! Can't wait it see it!!!!!!!!! GREAT job!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Looks like you picked a winner!
36.gif

Please post pics of the finished ring.
28.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you made the right choice! I also love the RC and look forward to seeing it set!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
I love the RC too!! (probably because I HAVE one...haha)

Sounds like it''s going to be a real winner! post pics of the finished product!!! Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results