shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on recommendation for a jewelry designer in New York

MMONA

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am looking for help on finding a designer who provides the hand forged engagement ring. My ideal ring set is a three-stone ring with one round centre stone and two pear-cut side stones. My centre stone is ~1.65 carat. I now live in New York so I'd prefer to find a designer based in New York. Really appreciate any recommendation on designers who are great at hand forged three-stone designs. Thanks!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
People like Steven Kirsch.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lulu! Do you maybe have any idea on what's the quote for such kind of design?

Sorry-no idea. I have to imagine that he is more than David Klass but less than Leon Mege. SK and Leon Mege are the only players I have heard of in NYC.

MMONA

Rough_Rock
Sorry-no idea. I have to imagine that he is more than David Klass but less than Leon Mege. SK and Leon Mege are the only players I have heard of in NYC.

Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There’s quite a few more than 3 custom jewelers in NYC:).

Thank you Lulu! Do you maybe have any idea on what's the quote for such kind of design?

I expect you’d find quotes from $1000-$5000. A wide range for sure- because there’s a wide range of different types of rings and qualities.
For example- do you have any inspiration pics so we can see what kind of details are important?

MMONA

Rough_Rock
There’s quite a few more than 3 custom jewelers in NYC:).

I expect you’d find quotes from $1000-$5000. A wide range for sure- because there’s a wide range of different types of rings and qualities.
For example- do you have any inspiration pics so we can see what kind of details are important?

I like the setting of HW. I don’t like to see too much prong when viewed from above IMG_8165.jpeg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks like a split prong on the center diamond. Actually easier and cheaper than a true “claw” prong.
Nice looking design! ( ok I might be prejudiced based on my history)

MMONA

Rough_Rock
Looks like a split prong on the center diamond. Actually easier and cheaper than a true “claw” prong.
Nice looking design! ( ok I might be prejudiced based on my history)

Hi do you have any recommendations on who are skillful at this?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi do you have any recommendations on who are skillful at this?
Given that we are a jeweler manufacturer ourselves, I’m not allowed to make recommendations

MMONA

Rough_Rock
Given that we are a jeweler manufacturer ourselves, I’m not allowed to make recommendations

I see. Thank you anyway. Are you based in New York?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes we are!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Can I have your company’s name and see if I can walk in?

It is Diamonds by Lauren. I have had a few of David's pieces and they are nicely done. David's company can also do hand forged to my knowledge.

I agree with rec re Leon Mege and SK in NYC as well if you want local and hand forged.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks elizazt!!
Does my signature show?
Just curious because it mentions our location......
@MMONA - we are located above 47th Street- and work by appointment....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rockdiamond has what we call an Uber bench that does high quality work. Definitely talk to him and get a quote.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results