shape
carat
color
clarity

need help on HCA & ideascope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

albetan

Rough_Rock
Hello

For the HCA, understand if i enter the pavilion%, i will need to enter the culet.
for culet=none, do i enter zero ?

anyone know if the idea scope can be used on stone that are already set on a 6prong setting?

thx

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I would enter 0 and then enter something like .6 to see if it makes much of a difference. Many reports say none, but the sarin will have the actual size, and it typically is in the .2 - .6 kind of range in my experience.

You can use an idealscope on set stones, but it is harder to get an accurate reading. I think the idealscope web site gives you some hints on how to do it with proper lighting to get the best reading.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
If you have crown and pavilion angles rather than % the prediction will be much more accurate.

IS as per lop - Just note that illumination coming from undernath the diamond is what makes it work, so if it''s set in a way light can''t get in under the pavilion it won''t function.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results